The Darker Side of Black Friday

Thanks a lot for that, it's a hilarious article. The whole website is like The Onion directed at the photographic industry.

But there's a ring of truth in the satire, and like Ray, I'm a bit taken aback at how accurate it is for me, too. I don't sell any gear, but it goes into a shelf, and sometimes later to trusted family. They never need to buy cameras; they just wait a year or so and they get a nice Canon G or S series from me. But it's not all bad; when I visit, my old cameras still recognize me and we go out to play sometimes, and they have a happy home. :D

very sneaky of you John......not telling us that this was your new website. Good thing no one put it down.

Yeah, I was a bit nervous about that, but I wanted to get unfiltered opinions of the site.

Besides, I didn't make it too hard to figure it out - the site's in my sig.

I'm glad you folks like it. I'm doing more and more writing these days and thought that nobody was writing about cameras satirically. Those that compared it to The Onion are spot on-that's the inspiration for it.

Stay tuned, there's more coming!

Yeah, I was a bit nervous about that, but I wanted to get unfiltered opinions of the site.

Besides, I didn't make it too hard to figure it out - the site's in my sig.

I'm glad you folks like it. I'm doing more and more writing these days and thought that nobody was writing about cameras satirically. Those that compared it to The Onion are spot on-that's the inspiration for it.

Stay tuned, there's more coming!

Duh - you never want me to be the only witness to a crime that impacts you adversely! Good site - I also read the one about the man who got the new lens and I especially liked the one about the photographer whose wife only thought he'd only taken one good photo!

I'm happy to say my E-M5 is safe for the time being, and that I did not go to a single store -- on or off line -- on black Friday. On principle -- and because I was afraid of being crushed under a stampeding crowd if I left the house. I am now officially in my "bah-humbug, to hell with them" frame of mind. And though the holidays have their good points, going to malls is not one of them. So I don't. I won't even drive within three blocks of a mall for the next month.

All I can say is :

GOD HELP US, EVERY ONE.

Back