Fuji The dreaded Adobe Validation pop-up warning.

unstable_rider

Regular
Name
Paul
Over the weekend I got a version of the pop-up below when I went to open my legit copy of Photoshop CS5 on my PC. I have been running Photoshop CS5 and the Adobe Creative Suite since about 2013 on my Windows 8.1 machine that I built.

It was legitimately purchased and I still have the package and license code.

warn.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Not sure if anyone else has run into this "warning" yet, but after you close the box it will come back to haunt you. If you click the "help" button, you will no doubt chase your tail like I did for half a day, sitting in a "chat" situation with Adobe, whom eventually will mysteriously and abruptly end the session when they can't fix it, and can no longer appreciate your frustration over the problem.

:doh:

Several times during the "experience" I could not help but notice that they kept pushing for me to just give up essentially, and go with the "Cloud version" $$$ of the Creative Suite.

I bought one of the last versions of the Creative Suite on DISC, so that I would not have to go with the Cloud version, thank you...

Anyway, not sure if anyone else has seen this yet, or if you do, I would be happy to explain or discuss the fix I stumbled onto that seems to be keeping the demons away to-date.

I love Adobe products. I am in and out of Photshop several times a day. I also maintain two web sites in Dreamweaver, and occasionally stumble around in Illustrator (until my brain starts bleeding). But as a long time Adobe customer I did not appreciate their goofy back-door effort to try to get me to update to the cloud by trying to turn my legit-version of the Creative Suite into a doorstop.

:026:

Whistle if you run into the same problem, and I can write up or post the fix I am testing.

Back