Fuji The Everything Other Than Street X100 Image Thread.

Hi BB

Saw this picture and your black and white version on facebook. Like this one, but loved the black and white version. Great job.

5781212859_0138b00978_b.jpg

Memorial Day in Sherman, Connecticut with a girl and her dog.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much (on Flickr I know you meant) - I like it in B&W, too...and have added it to Don's current Image Quest. I'll probably add it to another image thread, too. I didn't know this young lady but she was so happy with her recently adopted dog, I asked her if I could take a few pictures. I do have another one in which she is smiling.

Oh dear, came off night shift this morning ... obviously not enough sleep ... my brain knows what is wants to say but my fingers are typing to their own tune!

Thanks so much (on Flickr I know you meant) - I like it in B&W, too...and have added it to Don's current Image Quest. I'll probably add it to another image thread, too. I didn't know this young lady but she was so happy with her recently adopted dog, I asked her if I could take a few pictures. I do have another one in which she is smiling.

Hi BB

Saw this picture and your black and white version on facebook. Like this one, but loved the black and white version. Great job.
I had just the opposite reaction - I liked the B&W but LOVE this color version. Something about the color of the sneakers, the dogs red collar, the girl's pale face and red hair. Might even like it more with some funkier color processing - not sure, but I really like color in this shot.

-Ray

Rich, Great memory for me. I surfed there when I came home from Nam.
That's some of the best water in the world.
I visited a Nam buddy there and he never left, still lives there, still surfing at age 64.
Thanks....

Rich, thanks for the invite.
I was there in 98 on the long way home from Scotland. I was in-between marriages.
I was supposed to be in Hawaii for a week but stayed 4 months.
Lenny didn't have to twist my arm to stay. He still sends me fresh Kona every 6 weeks or so.
Hawaii is my favorite place in the world.

Next divorce, count on me to drop by.

Rich, my wife and I used to spend a lot of time in Kauai when we lived on the west coast. Flights were cheap and we used to stay in these huts that the 7th Day Adventists used to rent out for about $25 a night - about 10 minutes from Poipu Beach. I loved it but haven't been back in the nearly 20 years we've lived on the east coast. Someday, someday, someday. Maybe.

Christilou, I love that Polaroid filter - I used it on some baseball shots with much less muted colors and made 'em look sort of like old baseball cards. Very cool color treatment on yours - I'm gonna have to play around with that filter some more.

I got no exotic vacations or divorces planned anytime soon, so I'm sticking to more pedestrian fare. My daughter moved into a new apartment yesterday and this is her entrance...

-Ray

View attachment 37344

Christine......I really like the Polaroid treatment and especially the second Brighton Beach shot.

Ray........nice B+W on the apartment entrance. Twenty years ago Poipu Beach was a lot less crowded than it is today.

(JIC...... I know a good attorney)

R

Back