Fuji The Everything Other Than Street X100 Image Thread.

2 dear friends of mine got married last week, it was a fairytale wedding. I brought the X100, and got some really nice shots even though I'm still not quite used to the 35mm equivalent field of view (my natural tendency is to go wider, so sometimes I feel a bit constrained by the X100). But given the results I'm getting, I'm more than willing to work on it!

DSCF1344_klein.jpg

(focus in this shot is slightly behind the bride's eyes; I was in macro mode and that slows the camera down quite a bit. In my opinion, one of the most important improvements of the X100S is the shorter minimum focus distance in regular AF mode.)

Living in a very green part of the world I've managed to find the one thing that the X100S doesn't do well...GREENS
Green fields come out very bright and green leaves against the light take on a painterly quality. Otherwise this is the best camera I've owned and is a joy to use.
Shooting in RAW the latest LR5.2 can improve things a bit but XTrans sensor with it's wodge of green pixels is proving hard to convert well.

9874687384_0966e0e6ee_b.jpg

9706307193_9dbbfac77c_b.jpg

I opened my x-100s box about 45 minutes ago and already have been having a ball with it! No requisite dog or cat pictures. Juneau our Great Dane was moving too fast and Ruby our cat is hiding out somewhere. The grapes stood still for me though! I'm a right eye shooter and immediately fell in love with the hybrid viewfinder. I was worried about the diopter range working with my right contact lens but I can adjust spot on to where I need it. I can easily see where I'd like a Thumbs Up and I already have a Fish Boop ready to install. Yes, I blinged my x100s before I even had it in my hands...
DSCF0025sm.jpg

Some recent shots from Christmas in Wisconsin. Specifically, skiing in Blue Mounds State Park. All the X100 of course, shot raw, processed in Raw Therapee.

A Pleasant Surprise (don'tmindifido)
ehpy.jpg

Front Coming In
ir28.jpg

Bushwhacking, Admiring The Canopy. It all melted off the branches the next day (we went back.)
5tqm.jpg

Sunset
51k5.jpg

The Tower
s895.jpg

Sight Glass
tsnn.jpg

Treetops (as seen in the Best Of 2013 thread)
55u0.jpg

I was sweating, Luke. Cross country skiing is like a super power. You dress lighter than you would normally, and for the first 15 minutes you think "oh ferk I think I may lose my hands and toes over this." And then it begins to trend hotter and hotter, and after 45 minutes you're giving off steam, unzipping your top layer.

I can kind of understand outdoor sports when you have the right gear, but still...... I wish more of them were more sedentary. Like snow pinball or something. Or maybe snow bowling......as long as I can set down my cocktail and not break a sweat. :drinks:

I can kind of understand outdoor sports when you have the right gear, but still...... I wish more of them were more sedentary. Like snow pinball or something. Or maybe snow bowling......as long as I can set down my cocktail and not break a sweat. :drinks:

perhaps you can start a league up! ;D

come on down and join Supa Luke's Snow Ms. Pacman & Cheese Curd eating Championship!

i can see the flyer now.... *gazes into distance as scene fades*

I was sweating, Luke. Cross country skiing is like a super power. You dress lighter than you would normally, and for the first 15 minutes you think "oh ferk I think I may lose my hands and toes over this." And then it begins to trend hotter and hotter, and after 45 minutes you're giving off steam, unzipping your top layer.

Unless you use my style and fall over a lot and have dog/s jumping all over you.;) We used to cross country in our back 20 acres in West Virginia with our three Shelties - it was great fun, and it's truly work, but I was never particularly good at it. Still have my skis and boots though!

I'm not "good," just good enough not to fall. Much. Like, juuuuust confident enough to leave the X100's small camera case open and not clicked shut between shots.

or youve become accustomed to twisting yer body to save the camera as you fall ;)

no honey, its ok, i saved the camera... no.. thats just a leg bone sticking out.. its good, it didnt scratch the camera either.. the fuji is fine... *sigh of relief*

Back