Fuji The Everything Other Than Street X100 Image Thread.

I'd love to take you up on it and thank goodness about the "matching Aloha wear"!:D I wasn't being kind, however, I was writing exactly what I meant - I think that particular picture is extra special, Rich.

Jono, thanks for the tip about the Safari plug in! I do use Safari, but didn't realize that they had a EXIF plug in for it - many thanks!

P.S. That is VERY cool! I'd forgotten all about the Extensions...wonders never cease, eh? Not my forgetting, but about how much is out there and useful!

Nice shots all, but jeez, Briar, that's a BEAUTY!! I'm glad to see you putting Silver Efex to such good use. Jeez, what a wonderful B&W photograph!

-Ray

Thanks Ray. You already know I'm a fan of your work but I have to say that your X100 street pictures are now on a completely different level. I think you have found your mojo with the X100.

Thanks too BB. Both the X100 picture threads with their beautiful images have left me feeling a little inadequate and shy about posting any of my pictures from this camera bcause I don't have the skill/knowledge yet to make the most of this beautiful and quirky camera. I'm having to learn photography from scratch with my X100 as I've never learned about aperture, shutter speed and so on. I've always been an "auto" point and shooter. I knew it would be a tough learning curve with the X100 as it leaves little room to hide behind auto but I've reached a stage where I'm thinking, yep, I'm up for that challenge to venture into aperture priority and beyond.

You have no inadequacies, Briar. You've got a great eye! Every camera is a new experience, believe me. And listen, we are all here because we love taking and making photos... If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask. Everyone is in some kind of learning stage. One of the reasons we have the Image Works forum is so that we can all ask questions and learn. There's lots of good experience roaming around these halls, so don't hesitate to ask.

And really, it is true that every camera is different. I'm still finding my way with the X100, too.

Still playing around.....

p851281203-5.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p998115561-5.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

R

New conclusion

I'll just insert my new conclusion here (unasked for and unsolicited :tongue: )......as much as I like the jpeg's from this camera.....and they are really great, I think I'll just shoot just RAW.

I am finding that the RAW files just have so much to work with.

Bye-bye Velvia.....adios Provia....ciao little yellow filter.....:sorry:

And now back to your regularly scheduled program.......

R

Congragulations Dan, and I love the Pineapple shots Rich.

Tidying up some close-ups to day and came up with these three.

I'm slowly getting the hang of the camera, but it does make some odd unilateral decisions!

_DSF0304.jpg

_DSF0196.jpg

_DSF0206.jpg

The firmware rather reminds me of the remote control unit on my Quad 77 hifi kit. Full of good intentions, but a bit scatty!

Look what I found in the Garden Shed!

Clear out time . . . . and this is what I found:

_DSF0429.jpg

This was my pride and joy back in the 70's. The frame was hand built for me by Youngs of Lewisham out of double butted tube (Reynolds, but I can't remember which number). I built the wheels myself, and all the kit is Shimano dura-ace (I couldn't afford the top of the range campagnolo). I used to respray the frame every year or so, and replace the decals.

I used to ride 27miles a day to work and back (right across London), rain or shine. When we moved out to Suffolk in 1983, it was only 15 miles to work, and I assumed I'd cycle, but one day on a Rural A road proved otherwise, and the bike drifted back through the shed, to be replaced by a mountain bike when the kids started cycling.

Amazingly, all I had to do was to pump up the tyres and get going - it's like wearing a very well fitting pair of training shoes - a thing of beauty and wonder (although the gearing is more suitable for a 25 year old!)

all the fittings are alloy or titanium, unfortunately the nuts and bolts aren't, so there's a little rust about:

_DSF0430.jpg

_DSF0431.jpg

_DSF0432.jpg

Now - I'm sure there were some smaller front chain wheels around (for the old man in me). The Search Begins!

All the best

Back