Lens The fast telephoto

One of my favorite types of uses with an old favorite.
135L on an R6. How I loved that lens way back when on both the 5DC and 40D.
LB8A0745.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Looking at my photos of the last year I found most of them were taken at the long end with open shutter. Like this I get otimal isolation of the object and a nice creamy bokeh. My favourites at the moment for this are the 4/12-50 qnd the 1.8/75 .

This thread could use your help Walter - with a few samples? 😁
Looking at my photos of the last year I found most of them were taken at the long end with open shutter. Like this I get otimal isolation of the object and a nice creamy bokeh. My favourites at the moment for this are the 4/12-50 qnd the 1.8/75 .
Nice images Brian. I shot with a friends years ago. Not sure if it was the same design but I think it had 14 blades? I had a chance to buy it for very little $ but passed. I often thought about that missed opportunity.
View attachment 383912
View attachment 383913
Ca
View attachment 383914

Canon 100mm F2 wide-open, on the Leica M Monochrom. I use a 1.25x magnifier for fast lenses and telephotos.

AF-D Micro-Nikkor F4, on the Nikon Df. This is the sharpest SLR lens ever made by Nikon.

DSC_4970.jpg

DSC_4972.jpg

DSC_4984.jpg

DSC_5021.jpg

DSC_5025.jpg

DSC_5023.jpg

The AF-D Micro-Nikkors were developed in the Film age, no digital corrections. I compared the two Micro-Nikkor AF-D 105/2.8 with the later AF-S 105/2.8. Get the AF-D lens, much better.

Nice images everyone.
I don't think there are any qualifications for fast and telephoto.
It's a type of lens that produces a look which is very abundant above.

Vivitar 135/2.3 Series 1, Wide-Open, Nikon Ftn. This early 1970s lens has floating optics for close-range-correction.

I need to try this lens on the Z5.
Back in my Sony e-mount days, I had an obsession with Vivitar lenses. I was only ever able to get my hands on one Series 1 lens, a 19-35mm. It seems like there were Vivitar lenses with cult followings that commanded big $$$ on ebay.

Back