Fuji Showcase The Fuji X100 portrait thread

Armanius

Bring Jack back!
Name
Jack
Finally took a few photos with the X100 that arrived couple of days ago. Despite its quirky menu and interface, I must say -- very good quality IQ!!!

My favorite photo subjects are typically people. Although, more often than not, I don't take enough photos of people as I'm too shy to approach them.

In any event, my first test subject is typically my secretary. All my gear gets shipped to work so that I can sign for it, so my secretary is always one of the first test subjects (other than the Seattle's Best cup) for new lenses and cameras.

Here's a pic of her, cropped, and reduced to 1028 pixels. F2.0, ISO 400, shot in RAW and pp in LR3.4. I softened the photo a little bit by turning down the "clarity" slider.

picture.php?albumid=233&pictureid=2157.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This one was taken this morning after my haircut. She's my hair stylist, and she's great! Photo also cropped, reduced to 1028 pixels, shot in JPG (Velvia) and pp in LR3.4. Other than the crop and reducing the size, I reduced the saturation. F2.8, ISO 500. No sharpening or clarity added.

picture.php?albumid=233&pictureid=2158.jpg

Here's a 100% crop of her eyes. Very nice and sharp image. Sometimes not so good for portraits if the subject doesn't have good skin. Fortunately, she does!

picture.php?albumid=233&pictureid=2159.jpg

Overall so far, the Fuji X100 appears to be a keeper. :)

They look very good Armando. I find that the raw files need less clarity, sharpening and overall processing than any other camera I have used.
Your off to a good start.
Would you like others to post images on this thread?

They look very good Armando. I find that the raw files need less clarity, sharpening and overall processing than any other camera I have used.
Your off to a good start.
Would you like others to post images on this thread?

Thanks Don! The RAW files seem pretty good. And I'm very impressed with the JPG's as well.

And most certainly, let's see tons more portraits and close ups of people pics!

Caught our son watching Judas Priest on American Idol which he thought was "very funny".
From a JPEG shot in B+W, ISO1250, some light processing in LR, no additional NR. Small LED fill light on GorillaPod.
. . . David

What's a "fill light" on GorillaPod?

The photo looks silky smooth, especially for ISO1250. Two years ago, anything past ISO400 on my E410 was pushing it!

Attachments

• LED-Light.jpg
    LED-Light.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 955
Back