Fuji Showcase The Fuji X70 thread: Post em here

Iansky

All-Pro
Dec 8, 2011
Cotswolds, UK
It is a hard camera not to like, small and light yet well made, it has replaced my Ricoh GR as my always with me camera and on those days when I want to travel really light it is the perfect sit in your pocket camera. I suspect many dismiss it as a serious tool due to it's size but for me it is very much a baby X100s that delivers great image quality and is inconspicuous for street work.

Begi Nabara

Regular
Jul 2, 2015
Basque Country
It is a hard camera not to like, small and light yet well made, it has replaced my Ricoh GR as my always with me camera and on those days when I want to travel really light it is the perfect sit in your pocket camera. I suspect many dismiss it as a serious tool due to it's size but for me it is very much a baby X100s that delivers great image quality and is inconspicuous for street work.
Totally agree!

Spode

Veteran
Jul 26, 2011
Singapore
I agree. I think because it has slightly more heft, my mind refused allow a one-handed operation for some time. But then habit surrendered to the flexibility of choosing a focus point with one finger and I only use two hands now to flip out or angle the touchscreen.

To be sure I am still playing with all the controls to ensure that the RAW capture is quickly addressable in LR like the old Ricoh files (that were a dream to work with). I have set NR to -2, sharpness to 0, shadows to +1, highlights to 0, DR to 100. As I shoot in JPEG + RAW, I use either Provia or one of the BW simulations that I later study to emulate in LR.

Any tips you can share from your own experience?

Iansky

All-Pro
Dec 8, 2011
Cotswolds, UK
Thanks Alteesh for sharing your settings, I have to admit to only shooting RAW (yes I know) and I usually process in ACR, I do use the Chrome setting for all my colour work and it gives results I am very pleased with - note to self.............start shooting JPEG as well!!

rayvonn

Hall of Famer
Jan 19, 2015
There's a guy at my work who goes out at lunchtime with his X70, lens hood and strap with classic chrome set up ready to go. It really does look the part that X70.

Iansky

All-Pro
Dec 8, 2011
Cotswolds, UK
I agree, the X70 does not just do street, here are some photos from a steam and classic car event I attended. The tilt screen played a major part in getting some of these images.

Begi Nabara

Regular
Jul 2, 2015
Basque Country
Great atmosphere and drama. Wide open, self timer, tripod? What do you use to process your files?
Yes, wide open @1/15. I manually focused on the back wall, under exposed 1 and 2/3 stops to not burn out the lamp, and I didn't want the image to be too sharp. I've recently been playing with a JJC wire-less remote release, and a Manfrotto Befree one, one of many tripods I use for this self portrait series.

Raw file converted to Adobe DNG and processed in Photoshop with levels and contrast and de-noise with Silver FX pro.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom