Fuji The Fujifilm X series image thread.

My wife breaking up the wonderful desolation of the Flint Hills of Kansas. A story about this shot is in order. The day before was a warm late February day and we decided to drive the 100-mile roundtrip to one of our favorite places. We took the dogs for their off-leash runs and all was going well until we were heading back home, 40 miles from home and 30 miles to any service area, when the warning lights for a tire going flat showed up on our instrument panel. We found a small community with a parking area and set out to change the tire. A young man and his son had seen us and he came over and changed the tire to the silly little donut called a spare. We thanked him and headed home with one flat tire, our only spare on the rear and it happened, one of the front tires went flat, fortunately, we found a pull-out and called my daughter who drove over to get us about 40 miles from her home. We left the car there, and the next morning I got a new tire and we headed back with our spare car with the tire. We brought a big hydraulic jack and jacked the car up and the damned lug nuts were rounded and two would not come out. We called the nearest service station 30 miles away and soon a young man with a compressor, an air impact wrench, and a new set of lug nuts showed up and changed the tire. I was wondering if I would survive the bill and he said "how about $35.00?" we told him no way and gave him much more. He argued but finally took a few dollars less than our offer and told us he was happy to get away for a bit. The picture of my wife as we waited for him to come shows the vastness of this area. Miles of nothing but hills. Wonderful!
Fuji XT2 with Viltox 23mm 1.4.

View attachment 373865
I loathe those "space saver" spares, Mel. Useless bloody things.

Subaru sold the Outback (very briefly!!) with one here. I rang Inchcape (the Australian distributor) and informed them that this was an open and shut case of negligence in a country the size of Australia, where we could be talking 400 miles, not 40 ... Very shortly afterwards, I noticed that the Outback came standard with a full size spare. Coincidence?

We earlier had taken a day trip to the Flint Hills without any tire trouble. As usual, the three dogs went with us. Here are some reasons that the Flint Hills capture my heart and soul. Some think it is bleak and lonely but I find it refreshing and allows me to realize how small we humans really are. We went to an abandoned one-room schoolhouse, a stone bridge, a beautiful French-styled courthouse, and some of the windmills that once dotted the land. A lot of abandoned places as the population moved to the cities and larger towns.

population
DSCF2022.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
DSCF2025.jpg
DSCF2028.jpg
DSCF2033.jpg
DSCF2032.jpg
DSCF2040.jpg
DSCF2027.jpg
DSCF2034.jpg

We earlier had taken a day trip to the Flint Hills without any tire trouble. As usual, the three dogs went with us. Here are some reasons that the Flint Hills capture my heart and soul. Some think it is bleak and lonely but I find it refreshing and allows me to realize how small we humans really are. We went to an abandoned one-room schoolhouse, a stone bridge, a beautiful French-styled courthouse, and some of the windmills that once dotted the land. A lot of abandoned places as the population moved to the cities and larger towns.

population View attachment 373869View attachment 373871View attachment 373872View attachment 373873View attachment 373874View attachment 373875View attachment 373876View attachment 373877
I understand your feelings, Mel. I feel the same way about Australia's great red centre. I always feel at home when I get into the red sandy soil country that is the start of that area, which covers most of this continent.

Today was one of those days where I feel like I really made some progress working with the X-T3. It certainly helped to have a bit of a golden hazy day today. I will also say that the 18-55 is an amazing little lens, and a tremendous bargain. The 55-200 is no slouch either, though it seems to really shine when subjects are close.
DSCF0763.jpg
DSCF0768.jpg
DSCF0773.jpg
DSCF0776.jpg
DSCF0779.jpg

I love days like that, Randy. I need to have more of those...I feel I have a lot of gear that I haven't really gelled with yet.

- K
That's one reason I prefer to stick with one brand, Keith. At least then, I can't blame unfamiliarity with my gear for my errors.

I reckon it would just cause me grief if I were to change things at my age.
I'm pretty familiar with my Olympus stuff. Any mistakes are mine, in about 99% of cases.

Back