Fuji The Fujifilm X series image thread.

6352165A-9C10-497C-A235-B0DC83D741A3.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

To Cron or not to Cron.
View attachment 359393

Cool photo, John.
And one of the all-time great Dilemmas for hard-core Fujiholics.
Both Cron and non-Cron versions tend to be so great that the question becomes even more difficult to answer.
In my case, I used to think my (former) XF 35mm f/1.4 was THE best modern digital nifty-fifty in the universe. But now, after almost a year of using its faster-focusing and WR-rated Cron f/2 sibling, for me it's now become a dead-heat photo-finish: both XF35's are, in a word, superb.

Last edited:
Cool photo, John.
And ane of the all-time great Dilemmas for hard-core Fujiholics.
Both Cron and non-Cron versions tend to be so great that the question becomes even more difficult to answer.
In my case, I used to think my (former) XF 35mm f/1.4 was THE best modern digital nifty-fifty in the universe. But now, after almost a year of using its faster-focusing and WR-rated Cron f/2 sibling, for me it's now become a dead-heat photo-finish: both XF35's are, in a word, superb.
I havenā€™t used the 1.4 XF, but Iā€™d put the 35 f2 right there next to the M43 PL25 1.4. Very satisfying output. I donā€™t have that 35 f2 anymore, and was trying to decide if Iā€™d like to go a touch wider, or if I should stick to the 50 ffeq. Anyone have opinions on the 23 and 27?

I havenā€™t used the 1.4 XF, but Iā€™d put the 35 f2 right there next to the M43 PL25 1.4. Very satisfying output. I donā€™t have that 35 f2 anymore, and was trying to decide if Iā€™d like to go a touch wider, or if I should stick to the 50 ffeq. Anyone have opinions on the 23 and 27?
The 23 f2 is a fantastic lens. Very capable. The 23 1.4wr is also incredible. It mainly comes down to if you like working in the 35mm ffeq or the 50mm ffeq.

You just can't go wrong with the 27, fantastic size and output, terrific value too. And for some reason, when using it, it does remind one of the PL25, albeit faster in operation. One of Fuji's many "everyone should have one" lenses.

Back