Fuji The Fujifilm X series image thread.

013.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ive been posting a bit in a TTartisan lens thread, but here's a few from the X-T1 with the TT35/1.4 . Slowly getting used to the intricacies of both (though not always nailing focus, lol). I think :D

View attachment 362566

View attachment 362555

View attachment 362563

View attachment 362556

View attachment 362560

View attachment 362565

View attachment 362557

I really like this series, Jason.
My favorite has to be the one with the yellow pole in the foreground, and the slightly out-of-focus pipes above it. A great shot.

I really like this series, Jason.
My favorite has to be the one with the yellow pole in the foreground, and the slightly out-of-focus pipes above it. A great shot.

Thanks Miguel. I was hoping that the person on the right would move a bit more to their left to balance up the shot a bit better, but unfortunately not, lol.

My wife breaking up the wonderful desolation of the Flint Hills of Kansas. A story about this shot is in order. The day before was a warm late February day and we decided to drive the 100-mile roundtrip to one of our favorite places. We took the dogs for their off-leash runs and all was going well until we were heading back home, 40 miles from home and 30 miles to any service area, when the warning lights for a tire going flat showed up on our instrument panel. We found a small community with a parking area and set out to change the tire. A young man and his son had seen us and he came over and changed the tire to the silly little donut called a spare. We thanked him and headed home with one flat tire, our only spare on the rear and it happened, one of the front tires went flat, fortunately, we found a pull-out and called my daughter who drove over to get us about 40 miles from her home. We left the car there, and the next morning I got a new tire and we headed back with our spare car with the tire. We brought a big hydraulic jack and jacked the car up and the damned lug nuts were rounded and two would not come out. We called the nearest service station 30 miles away and soon a young man with a compressor, an air impact wrench, and a new set of lug nuts showed up and changed the tire. I was wondering if I would survive the bill and he said "how about $35.00?" we told him no way and gave him much more. He argued but finally took a few dollars less than our offer and told us he was happy to get away for a bit. The picture of my wife as we waited for him to come shows the vastness of this area. Miles of nothing but hills. Wonderful!
Fuji XT2 with Viltox 23mm 1.4.

DSCF9215.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My wife breaking up the wonderful desolation of the Flint Hills of Kansas. A story about this shot is in order. The day before was a warm late February day and we decided to drive the 100-mile roundtrip to one of our favorite places. We took the dogs for their off-leash runs and all was going well until we were heading back home, 40 miles from home and 30 miles to any service area, when the warning lights for a tire going flat showed up on our instrument panel. We found a small community with a parking area and set out to change the tire. A young man and his son had seen us and he came over and changed the tire to the silly little donut called a spare. We thanked him and headed home with one flat tire, our only spare on the rear and it happened, one of the front tires went flat, fortunately, we found a pull-out and called my daughter who drove over to get us about 40 miles from her home. We left the car there, and the next morning I got a new tire and we headed back with our spare car with the tire. We brought a big hydraulic jack and jacked the car up and the damned lug nuts were rounded and two would not come out. We called the nearest service station 30 miles away and soon a young man with a compressor, an air impact wrench, and a new set of lug nuts showed up and changed the tire. I was wondering if I would survive the bill and he said "how about $35.00?" we told him no way and gave him much more. He argued but finally took a few dollars less than our offer and told us he was happy to get away for a bit. The picture of my wife as we waited for him to come shows the vastness of this area. Miles of nothing but hills. Wonderful!
Fuji XT2 with Viltox 23mm 1.4.

View attachment 373865
Were you off the pavement? I hear the Flint Hills gravel roads are murder on street tires.

With my wife, pavement is not an option. She loves the back roads and yes, those roads are death on street tires but mine were close to needing to be replaced already so it was okay. We go deep into the hills and we have some spots we love. One has a stream and cattle around it and the dogs love it. One of dachshunds loved it so much that she is buried here. My ashes, at least some, will blow with the Kansas dust over the hills one day.

Back