Fuji The Fujifilm X-T2 is here!

KillRamsey

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2012
Hood River, OR
Kyle
I like the idea of the XE2 best. The concept of it, rather. I don't use the OVF I have on the X100, and I prefer the rangefinder form factor. In an ideal world, I'd have rangefinder form, XE2 size, and XT2 performance. The XE2 I did borrow (Africa trip) worked well, but not as well as the XT1. And that bleedingly stupid decision to marry the shooting view mode to the reviewing view mode just constantly pi$$ed me off.

Biro

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2011
Jersey Shore
Steve
Nice piece, Bill. You mention the possibility of an X100-series camera with WR. That would be lovely and really grab my interest. It's a good thing I can't afford a new camera for a while... :)

bartjeej

Hall of Famer
Nov 12, 2010
bart
That's a truly touching opening to your review, Bill :p

I agree that giving it a different focal length would give the X100 series a new start. I'd personally love seeing both a 24mm (or even a 21!) and a 50mm... would make for a nice combo, and neither is being done by the competition right now (unless you count the Sigma DP0 for the 21mm option...)

I'd be truly disappointed if any next X100 model would not have weather sealing.

KillRamsey

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2012
Hood River, OR
Kyle
I'd actually kinda love an X100 with a 27 on it, but not a 2.8. Make it a 2, and keep it slim, and I'm in. I've done a lot of good work with the 27 pancake. Hell, I've sent my wife on trips with it (attached to the XT1) and she didn't get frustrated with it.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom