Fuji The Fujifilm X-T2 is here!

the x-t2's official page in cameraworld uk is already up! other sites soon to follow..

x-t2_header_975wide_v2.jpg

ONLINE NOW: Fujifilm X-T2 (+ EF-X500) Presentation (Price/Images/Product Presentation) - RELEASE SEPTEMBER 8! - Fuji Rumors

Last edited by a moderator:
x-t2 official price is 1599 usd for the body only, while the x-pro2 is at 1699 usd. so for 100 usd less, you get more autofocus points, 4k video, 3-way tilting lcd, bigger evf, dual uhs-II card slots and more grip options. ;)

I went straight to my local dealer and ordered (note NOT "pre-ordered", which is a fingernails-on-a-blackboard double-positive) a 23. We were talking about the risk to X100 sales. I'll be writing about that shortly...

Oh damn. The rumored specs I saw had

- no AF joystick
- no change to the stupid auto-locking ISO dial

but it fixed BOTH of them. This is now incredibly tempting.

Looks amazing. If I hadn't already bought the X-Pro 2, I wouldn't know which one to pick between them.

Yup. That 23mm f/2.0 has my attention. The X-T2 looks nice too. I'm sure all of its improvements are real, just like the X-Pro2. But I don't know that I want a mirrorless camera that large. I'll stick with my X-Pro1, X-T10 and X100 for now. I'm fine with 16mp.

I don't see Fuji adding weather sealing to the smaller bodies as that is one of the features which differentiates the "pro bodies" from the rest of the line. And lack of weather sealing keeps the price down on the smaller bodies. But it would be a great feature to have on the other bodies.

Which is a bummer. I'd love to have a X-E2 body with the sensor and AF of the Pro2 for a travel/walk around camera with the forthcoming 23mm f2 or an 18-55.

I can't disagree. I loved my X-E1; it was my first interchangeable lens X body. I've currently paired an X-E2 with the Fujinon 27 and the Zeiss Touit 50 for a compact twin lens set. Problem is the range is looking a little crowded noe and the X-E as a concept is neither fish nor fowl.

I was hoping Fuji would revamp or replace the X-E line to be to the X-Pro line what the X-T10 is to the X-T1/2 line. Make it a X-Pro 20 in a small rangefinder body that is a mini Pro2 body with identical features of the X-T10 replacement.

Back