Fuji The great X100V discussion thread (formerly "specs leaked")

Lots of folks prefer the output of the original X100.

Yes, that's interesting - I've read this in a number of places. I reckon that if the x100V were available with an updated Bayer sensor - but which retained the aesthetic qualities of the original sensor that appeal to me - I'd be much more tempted to go for it. So... I won't be upgrading. (for the moment ;))

I have the original X100 and do enjoy the output of its Bayer sensor. I wouldn't mind having the X100V alongside it for a while to compare it with the very latest X-Trans sensor. Or is it too much to ask Fuji to make another camera with the X100 form factor and the guts of the X-T200?

I have the original X100 and do enjoy the output of its Bayer sensor. I wouldn't mind having the X100V alongside it for a while to compare it with the very latest X-Trans sensor. Or is it too much to ask Fuji to make another camera with the X100 form factor and the guts of the X-T200?
Given the amount of camera models Fuji offers, I'm surprised they have never released an "entry level" x100.

Having developed and promoted the X-trans sensor for the rest of the range, would it be any cheaper for Fuji to fit a Bayer sensor in an entry level X100, I wonder? I suspect that it wouldn't help much to drop the hybrid viewfinder in favour of a regular EVF either, having done all the development already.

Apart from making the body out of cheaper materials or losing a dial or two, what else could Fuji do to create an entry level version?

-R

Last edited:
Having developed and promoted the X-trans sensor for the rest of the range, would it be any cheaper for Fuji to fit a Bayer sensor in an entry level X100, I wonder? I suspect that it wouldn't help much to drop the hybrid viewfinder in favour of a regular EVF either, having done all the development already.

Apart from making the body out of cheaper materials or losing a dial or two, what else could Fuji do to create an entry level version?

-R
Take the viewfinder out. You get something like the XA7 with a fixed lens. It even has a Bayer sensor. You can also get a Minty fresh color. I'm not sure how well a fixed lens version of this would sell, however.
1589556477144.png

The X10 had an LCD. I think you’d need to include one just to get to the menus. With a single FL, the optical finder would work fine. The rest could be the XA7, which currently goes for $500, $200 off the normal price of $700. The lens and the OVF would kick it up at least 200, so between 700 and 900.

I went looking. The XA7 and XT200 seem very similar except for the evf.

It's not your imagination. They are quite similar.

Back