Fuji The great X100V discussion thread (formerly "specs leaked")

Ah, but if I recall the Gariz half cases are characterised by having solid metal bottom plates; most are just leather/"pu leather" (ugh) .

I'd still always remove a case - even a Gariz one - if I was tripod mounting to take out any source of wobble.

Ah, but if I recall the Gariz half cases are characterised by having solid metal bottom plates; most are just leather/"pu leather" (ugh) .

I'd still always remove a case - even a Gariz one - if I was tripod mounting to take out any source of wobble.
i don't do a lot of tripod shooting, so that is why i probably didn't consider that side of it.

Last edited:

The TP cases I’ve bought previously have had solid bases as well - which has the benefit of adding a bit of depth to the grip.

I had a TP case for my GX85.
For my first Fuji X70 I had the OEM Fuji case.
For my 2nd X70, my Fuji X-E3, and now my Pen F I have Gariz cases.

I do like the Gariz cases I've owned better, but the GX85 (MegaGear) case wasn't too bad. The Fuji case for the X70 was also OK. My Pen F was use (pretty much like new) and came with a Kaza case, I didn't like that one.

Being limited as we are here is my first shot with the X100V. I forgot how much you can get away with due to the leaf shutter. I'm really liking the new f/2 lens.
I used my custom Kodak Panatomic X film simulation for this shot.

03-14-2020_X100V_test_DSCF7786.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Then, while out walking today: Oil on Wet Blacktop
03-17-2020_X100V_test_DSCF7796.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Being limited as we are here is my first shot with the X100V. I forgot how much you can get away with due to the leaf shutter. I'm really liking the new f/2 lens.
I used my custom Kodak Panatomic X film simulation for this shot.

View attachment 215968

Then, while out walking today: Oil on Wet Blacktop
View attachment 215969
That’s a really great oil stain. I don’t get to say that too often.

I just started getting my X100V kitted out. Got a 49mm filter adapter, hood and a B+W UV filter today from Amazon.

Waiting on my Expert Shield rear LCD protector to arrive any day now. All I need is to wait on a half case or grip attachment and it will be complete!! :)
I ordered a TP half case in brown on Amazon today. Mine ships from China, and will probably be about a month away. There’s a US seller though BolinUS (they don’t do intl shipping to my location).

I ordered a TP half case in brown on Amazon today. Mine ships from China, and will probably be about a month away. There’s a US seller though BolinUS (they don’t do intl shipping to my location).

Thanks for that. I'll look into it. Do you have the black or silver? I like the looks of the brown but worry it might clash with the all black X100V. I know, first world problems and all. LOL

Thanks for that. I'll look into it. Do you have the black or silver? I like the looks of the brown but worry it might clash with the all black X100V. I know, first world problems and all. LOL
I have the silver. I was very tempted by the dark green case, but the darker brown is a little more classic.

If I'd bought the black I'd have gone the same with the case, as I did with my black X-E3.

So, I was excited that my screen protectors arrived today. Got them from Expert Shield.

SO DISAPPOINTED.

The installation instructions are ridiculous - I'm not going to steam up my bathroom and all the other stuff they suggest. I blew through the 2 they sent me. I almost got one one, but when I went to pull the plastic film off, it pulled the whole screen protector off too and got a bunch of dust on it....so basically worthless.
This is my first time using them and I'm not going to go back there.

I've had better luck with the glass protectors from overseas that cost half the price. Sorry - rant over.

So, I was excited that my screen protectors arrived today. Got them from Expert Shield.

SO DISAPPOINTED.

The installation instructions are ridiculous - I'm not going to steam up my bathroom and all the other stuff they suggest. I blew through the 2 they sent me. I almost got one one, but when I went to pull the plastic film off, it pulled the whole screen protector off too and got a bunch of dust on it....so basically worthless.
This is my first time using them and I'm not going to go back there.

I've had better luck with the glass protectors from overseas that cost half the price. Sorry - rant over.
That’s the second bad experience I’ve heard with the X100V Expert Shield protector. If you let them know they will replace them.

I’m still waiting for mine ordered on the 20th of Feb! I also ordered a glass protector (my first) from a different company that I’ve had good experiences with - I’m now hoping that arrives first.

Any screen protector is pretty tough to work with. Air blaster, scotch tape (to grab pesky particles) and patience are needed. However, even if you get dust on the sticky side of a screen protector, enough application of scotch tape will pull all of that gunk off and salvage it.

I haven't used a screen protector for 7 or 8 years. But I'm one of those clowns that never takes their camera anywhere. Still, I've never scratched a screen.

Are they that different from cel phones? I carry mine in my pocket every day and have been using the same phone for years and have ZERO scratches.....not even a tiny scuff

I haven't used a screen protector for 7 or 8 years. But I'm one of those clowns that never takes their camera anywhere. Still, I've never scratched a screen.

Are they that different from cel phones? I carry mine in my pocket every day and have been using the same phone for years and have ZERO scratches.....not even a tiny scuff

I used to not use screen protectors either. Until I jacked up the rear LCD on my Olympus OMD EM1.1

I was shooting a wedding and I basically had to put myself between the bride and harm. Doing so caused the camera to get trapped between my massive gut and a brick wall.

ever since then, I’ve gotten screen protectors for all my cameras. Over protective for sure, but makes me feel better based on my experience.

I did send an email to Expert Shield, so we shall see what happens. I’m not expecting anything from them.

I received my upscreen hybrid glass protector last week, still no sign of the expert shield that I ordered nearly two weeks prior.

I was a little less than careful applying it, so ultimately took me four goes due to dust and alignment issues. Being semi rigid it wasn’t hard to take off and put back on.

On the same day I also received my simplr m1a camera strap bundle. I’ve wanted a set up like this for a while, with the quick release connectors.

The strap is great, but the included wrist strap is a bit meh, though tough and functional. I attached a free leather wrist strap I received with a previous TP case instead. I’ll post a pic when I get a chance.

Back