Fuji The great X100V discussion thread (formerly "specs leaked")

porchard

Veteran
Feb 3, 2013
Devon, UK
Lots of folks prefer the output of the original X100.
Yes, that's interesting - I've read this in a number of places. I reckon that if the x100V were available with an updated Bayer sensor - but which retained the aesthetic qualities of the original sensor that appeal to me - I'd be much more tempted to go for it. So... I won't be upgrading. (for the moment :wink:)

Biro

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2011
Jersey Shore
Steve
I have the original X100 and do enjoy the output of its Bayer sensor. I wouldn't mind having the X100V alongside it for a while to compare it with the very latest X-Trans sensor. Or is it too much to ask Fuji to make another camera with the X100 form factor and the guts of the X-T200?

Dec 31, 2013
Louisville, Ky
I have the original X100 and do enjoy the output of its Bayer sensor. I wouldn't mind having the X100V alongside it for a while to compare it with the very latest X-Trans sensor. Or is it too much to ask Fuji to make another camera with the X100 form factor and the guts of the X-T200?
Given the amount of camera models Fuji offers, I'm surprised they have never released an "entry level" x100.

Richard

Top Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Marlow, UK
Having developed and promoted the X-trans sensor for the rest of the range, would it be any cheaper for Fuji to fit a Bayer sensor in an entry level X100, I wonder? I suspect that it wouldn't help much to drop the hybrid viewfinder in favour of a regular EVF either, having done all the development already.

Apart from making the body out of cheaper materials or losing a dial or two, what else could Fuji do to create an entry level version?

-R

Last edited:

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Jul 13, 2011
Lexington, VA
Steve
Having developed and promoted the X-trans sensor for the rest of the range, would it be any cheaper for Fuji to fit a Bayer sensor in an entry level X100, I wonder? I suspect that it wouldn't help much to drop the hybrid viewfinder in favour of a regular EVF either, having done all the development already.

Apart from making the body out of cheaper materials or losing a dial or two, what else could Fuji do to create an entry level version?

-R
Take the viewfinder out. You get something like the XA7 with a fixed lens. It even has a Bayer sensor. You can also get a Minty fresh color. I'm not sure how well a fixed lens version of this would sell, however.

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Jul 13, 2011
Lexington, VA
Steve
The X10 had an LCD. I think you’d need to include one just to get to the menus. With a single FL, the optical finder would work fine. The rest could be the XA7, which currently goes for $500, $200 off the normal price of $700. The lens and the OVF would kick it up at least 200, so between 700 and 900.

Biro

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2011
Jersey Shore
Steve
I went looking. The XA7 and XT200 seem very similar except for the evf.
It's not your imagination. They are quite similar.

Latest threads

Top Bottom