Fuji The great X100V discussion thread (formerly "specs leaked")

I stole this from another forum. A source for the image was not mentioned. I checked Fujifilm's MTF charts and the bottom two charts are from the XF23mmF2 R WR.

X100vvs23WR.jpg

Last edited:
I've been giving this whole camera thing a lot of thought. As eager as I was to get my hands on an X100V, I cancelled my rental order. The new camera has some really appealing features, but I think the reason I sold my X100 and later X100S was due to being limited to a single semi-wide FL. I know that works well for some people, but if the earlier versions didn't hold my interest, would this one be any different? $1,400 is a lot to invest in an experiment.

Tony, I think your self-analysis is spot-on. Stick to your plan. As a serial "auditioner" myself, I understand that very real economic drain of "sell it and recoup". I've been viewing your photos for a few years now and they have NEVER seemed to be lacking. Sometimes one just needs to appreciate what they have.

Well, yesterday I took delivery of an X100F... I sold mine about a year ago for just north of £800. I bought this one for a number beginning with a six, boxed with just over 1000 actuations - far less than mine when I sold it.

It was like meeting an old friend.

Thing is, the F was a big improvement on the T, the S and the original X100. I know, because I had each one. The V has charms, but not enough to make me lust for it. I think I will skip a generation and wait to see what the VI brings. In the meantime I am very happy with flipping my Sony for a Fuji.

I'm home...

If not, I wonder if Fuji could provide the algorithm to do the upscaling via software (Fuji X RAW Studio) like what the TC does. Do the RAW conversion, send the file to the camera, do the TC magic and save the file to the PC. That would be awesome!!

I've always thought about mu43 making a monochrome camera. Olympus isn’t going to make niche cameras in their current state, however. Still, a monochrome XPro body would be something to think about.

Back