Fuji The great X100V discussion thread (formerly "specs leaked")

Sounds intriguing! I don't do X-trans sensors at all, I'm stuck with non-subscription LR and I don't think it's as up on handling those files without the artifacts.

Not sure if you've tried Raw File Converter, I've been using it to process any of my Fuji RAW files if I need something more than SOOC jpg output. If there is something I can't do with RFC, I output a fullsize tif and open it in an older copy of DXO Optics Pro.

As for artifacts, are you referring to the watercolor/ painterly effects?

Sounds intriguing! I don't do X-trans sensors at all, I'm stuck with non-subscription LR and I don't think it's as up on handling those files without the artifacts.

well....if you ever decide to go x-trans in the future, know that capture one offers a free raw converter for Fuji cameras. When shooting RAW on the XPRO2 or XE3, I use it not only for the image processing, but I find the sharpening to be superior to Lightroom.
Just throwing that out there.

Last edited:
For those interested in the camera, I am including this shot in a post. The one I posted over on the X100 image thread was shot at f8. I did so because the camera's choice of f2 gave a fairly narrow DoF that didn't look good in this picture. This image is cropped a bit and downsized like the one in the other thread, but otherwise untouched. I was surprised by the DoF result. Maybe too much shooting with mu43 sensors. The point of focus was the center of the heart.
blurred heart.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I cannot help but be amazed at how well translation programs work, especially between Japanese and English. Still, this was my favorite comment comparing the F to the V:
“Even after seeing the X100V image, it was a fun time to “watch” the characteristic X100F image. Neither exaggerated nor irritated, both depictions are ants.”

So, temptation got the better of me. My local camera store is getting in a black X100V for me tomorrow.

the XE3, 18-55 and 23/2 are sold and funds are going to be applied to the sale. I also have a photo event I’m covering tomorrow night. If I can get it setup before hand, I’ll most likely try and use it there along side my usual Nikon setups.

I know that Fuji has the leather case for the X100V. Does anyone know if there is a bottom plate , l bracket or add on grip for it yet? I just like to protect the bottom of the camera and prefer to have something on it from day one.

I did some web searching and all I see is statements like “x company will have something soon”.

I’m still waiting for a screen protector. I’ll pick up a third party half case when they start becoming available.

yep I need both of those too.
I was going to get the Fuji “never ready” case but I didn’t like it. It does not secure to the camera via the tripod mount, but instead needs to be attached using the camera strap lugs.
I do not carry any camera this way.

also, the bottom of the case has no tripod socket.

so not sure what Fuji was thinking there but that case is a no buy for me.

I was a little disappointed too that the filter adapter and filter weather sealing kits were not yet available. My sources tell me that Fuji will only certify full weather sealing with their kit.

all in all minor gripes on my part as the camera is the important thing and I’m glad that Fuji is getting product out there despite the state of the globe at the moment.

yep I need both of those too.
I was going to get the Fuji “never ready” case but I didn’t like it. It does not secure to the camera via the tripod mount, but instead needs to be attached using the camera strap lugs.
I do not carry any camera this way.

also, the bottom of the case has no tripod socket.

so not sure what Fuji was thinking there but that case is a no buy for me.

I was a little disappointed too that the filter adapter and filter weather sealing kits were not yet available. My sources tell me that Fuji will only certify full weather sealing with their kit.

all in all minor gripes on my part as the camera is the important thing and I’m glad that Fuji is getting product out there despite the state of the globe at the moment.
Yes, I’ve had two never-ready cases with two second hand X100s (S & T). I won’t be buying the official one, especially as it’s $200 in my money.

I’ve bought TP branded cases off eBay for three X-E cameras and they’ve been great.

So I have it!! Basically got the battery charging and a memory card in it. Nothing else really. Will start looking at getting it setup like the XPRO2.

anxious to start testing it out. All my events got cancelled, so it might be a few weeks before I can turn it on some street or event scenes.
Do a series about effects of Covid19 on the life in Ohio. You folks are really shut down.

Yes, I’ve had two never-ready cases with two second hand X100s (S & T). I won’t be buying the official one, especially as it’s $200 in my money.

I’ve bought TP branded cases off eBay for three X-E cameras and they’ve been great.

Honestly, I would have bought the Fuji official one if they had it attach to the tripod socket and had a way to attach a tripod through the case. All because it was available. Alas, I'll need to wait and see what third party versions come out. I've had a bunch or half cases and metal bottom plate/grip units. I just want that bottom protection. I might just throw on a long arca swiss tripod plate for the time being.

On a side note:
Anyone know if the screen protectors for the X100F will work on the X100V?

Back