The Hasselblad Lunar

local shop has one on display- what an utter piece of rubbish. every employee there mocks it openly. it is exactly what it looks like- a plastic housing over a nex-7. trash.

Someday, I hope I can afford a good digital back for my old 500CM (not that I don't still run film through it), and maybe add to the three lenses I have for it.

The present is very sad. Hasselblad meant something once. Getting my first Hassy, a 1000F built in the early 50's, about the time I was born, with no mechanical coupling between the lens and body (the camera not the new-born me) -- you focused, stopped down, and shot -- made me one very happy camper. I loved the lower contrast of those early coated lenses made for it too. I lugged it around, loaded with VPS, my first trip out to New Mexico before I moved here, along with a monorail 4x5 and my OM-1. So fond memories of it. The V series is much more convenient, and with my eye-level finder, I need nothing but a digital back to bring it up to my own modern standards.

It's sad to see a company that built such great picture taking machines go down the tubes. And no, I don't think I'll be getting a Luna.

Back