The household cat - cold-blooded killer and one of nature's efficient hunters...

That is a gorgeous cat - and very amusing photographs.

Sadly my black cat passed away a few months ago. I think he was as much of a character as your one. This was taken on a Casio compact I owned a few years ago.

Doomed!

cat_aaron_pcgame_01_s.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My old boy Printz was so terrified of birds that one day, I heard this frantic scrabbling and maiowing at the back door and there he was, all ten kilos of him, trying to scratch the door down... Why? On the verandah rails were a dozen or so sparrows... :D Such a brave wee beastie LOL

Lovely shots!

Love #3 best.....is the coast clear? I love seeing shots of the kitties that get to go outdoors. We've recently had a very large hawk move into the neighborhood so I'm glad ours are stuck inside. I'm pretty sure that some outdoor cats in the neighborhood will be on the menu for Mr. Hawk.

That scared of a magpie? Hmmm.... mine needs two ganged up on it to really be concerned. And that's just karma as she stalks their young in spring time. Bad cat! I got a god series of bels on her now and her success rate has dwindled to zero :dance2:

Love #3 best.....is the coast clear? I love seeing shots of the kitties that get to go outdoors. We've recently had a very large hawk move into the neighborhood so I'm glad ours are stuck inside. I'm pretty sure that some outdoor cats in the neighborhood will be on the menu for Mr. Hawk.
Wow you must have some decent sized hawks out your way. All ours would be too small to trouble a fully grown kitty. Eagles on the other hand would be an entirely different story. And our kitty leaves their young well alone all year round.

Wow you must have some decent sized hawks out your way. All ours would be too small to trouble a fully grown kitty.

Big enough that my wife thinks I should go outside with Charlie (the Westie) when he goes potty (although I think Charlie would break his neck, but I hope I never see that battle). I wouldn't be surprised if he was 60cm. I was on my way to the grocery store the other day and as stopped at a stop sign, I noticed as he had just taken down a bird in flight and just eviscerating it. You can imagine my chagrin when I realized I had no camera with me. It was a flurry of feathers. On our daily dog walks, I've been seeing a lot of carcasses lately.

Do the Mynas swoop down on Tom?

Oh yes indeed. Often when he goes out there might only be one or two, but within 5 minutes they have called all their mates, and at times there can be 20+ all screaming "cat! cat! cat!" from the trees and rooftops! Then, when there are enough of them, they all go after him at once. They have no fear of him and they have him completely bluffed.

Oh yes indeed. Often when he goes out there might only be one or two, but within 5 minutes they have called all their mates, and at times there can be 20+ all screaming "cat! cat! cat!" from the trees and rooftops! Then, when there are enough of them, they all go after him at once. They have no fear of him and they have him completely bluffed.

That's what they do to Jadey when we go out for a walk but they're not usually brave enough to swoop at her.

That would be a scary prospect. We have foxes here, nothing's ever happened to my cats and dogs but I do wonder sometimes if they're anything to be concerned about.

Back