The "I'm Just Posting It Because I Like It" Thread

P.H

Regular
Apr 4, 2011
Derby, UK
Waiting for a coach at 5am I popped out the back of the station, stuck my camera on the wall by the river and had a play with the manual settings, more out of boredom than with any sense it's produce anything I'd like. Well I was wrong, this I do like;

bartjeej

Hall of Famer
Nov 12, 2010
bart
I went to a Chinese New Year celebration in my city's "Chinatown" (although in reality it's more like All Kinds Of Immigrants Town) with a Chinese friend.

The Dragon Dance features a dragon chasing the Pearl of Wisdom (that's the lollypop-like thing partially obscuring the face), to symbolize the dragon's continuous search for wisdom. In Chinese culture the dragon is a very positive entity, and was also used as a symbol of the Emperor's power.

pdh

Legend
Jan 2, 2011
Seen and admired on Flickr, Luke. Lots of nice things to be said about this.
And glad you've relit this thread too

Nov 11, 2011
Milwaukee, WI USA
Luke
Thanks Paul,
I was playing around last night with a big long telephoto and turned it quickly on my wife. I was way too close and her face more than filled the frame. I kinda wished her smile hadn't been chopped off, but there's enough left to remind me why I love it. But the shot was sooo crazy sharp I couldn't post it sooc. It was like a documentary on the epidermis. I tried softening everything, but I still wanted some smile lines. It was tough. Finally I realized I could hide stuff by using a texture layer. I popped her eyes out and brightened them up and jacked the saturation so they would still cut through the texture layer. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Nov 11, 2011
Milwaukee, WI USA
Luke
I should have been a little clearer......I did an HDR processing to really make em stand out and I literally popped them out of that photo, and dropped them into a "straight" one. Of course, sometimes it's fun to type things that can easily be misinterpreted;)

Latest threads

Top Bottom