The "I'm Just Posting It Because I Like It" Thread

Waiting for a coach at 5am I popped out the back of the station, stuck my camera on the wall by the river and had a play with the manual settings, more out of boredom than with any sense it's produce anything I'd like. Well I was wrong, this I do like;

6733384841_377fd4bfec_b.jpg

I went to a Chinese New Year celebration in my city's "Chinatown" (although in reality it's more like All Kinds Of Immigrants Town) with a Chinese friend.

The Dragon Dance features a dragon chasing the Pearl of Wisdom (that's the lollypop-like thing partially obscuring the face), to symbolize the dragon's continuous search for wisdom. In Chinese culture the dragon is a very positive entity, and was also used as a symbol of the Emperor's power.
6773552327_1367e0f976_b.jpg

Seen and admired on Flickr, Luke. Lots of nice things to be said about this.
And glad you've relit this thread too

Thanks Paul,
I was playing around last night with a big long telephoto and turned it quickly on my wife. I was way too close and her face more than filled the frame. I kinda wished her smile hadn't been chopped off, but there's enough left to remind me why I love it. But the shot was sooo crazy sharp I couldn't post it sooc. It was like a documentary on the epidermis. I tried softening everything, but I still wanted some smile lines. It was tough. Finally I realized I could hide stuff by using a texture layer. I popped her eyes out and brightened them up and jacked the saturation so they would still cut through the texture layer. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

I should have been a little clearer......I did an HDR processing to really make em stand out and I literally popped them out of that photo, and dropped them into a "straight" one. Of course, sometimes it's fun to type things that can easily be misinterpreted;)

Back