The Image Quest (Juxtaposition May 22 - June 12, 2011)

OK, I'm in. I think I had some I liked more from about a week before the IQ started, but these are all from yesterday. And all show one kind of juxtaposition or another.

-Ray

Thank ya everyone. We still have time.

Juxtaposition is the first step in framing the subject to get the viewer's attention. Without it, you would be making stagnant images.
You need visual interest to keep the viewers eye travel moving. It may sound easy but it has to be seen before release. It can't be fixed in PP.

A Couple of photos from me ......

His 'n Hers

DSCF0998.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Alone

DSCF0996-2.jpg

I thought I would post the only two images I've managed to get this week just to see if I'm on the right track or not. The first shows the lady and gent each with a shoulder bag, the man's is much more decorated than the ladies.

The second is the photo as I saw it, between two adults, my view led down towards the child sitting all alone on the steps. Just as I was focusing, the other lady walked into my view and the moment was gone :( I made another crop of the little girl as a square and used it anyway but it was not the picture I was hoping for.

You're on it. Now be sure to post these and 3 more in the gallery.:D No, I'm not channeling Streetshooter.:D

I think one of the things to think about is how much juxtaposition can mean to each of us - are we talking subject matter, light and shadow, lines, textures, implied meanings, words, themes, colors... There's an awful lot of juxtapositions in this world of ours.

Time limit extended through Sunday, June 12th!

:bump: Good news!

**New updated time extension! You have another week to quest! Don has asked me to update this IQ and let everyone know also that there are no limitations in any way to this quest, except that you make the photographs during this time period. You are welcome to add 7 photographs to the IQ gallery, or if your time is limited...and you can only add one photograph, that is OK, as well.

I've updated the title to reflect the new time line. I feel a bit like the voice on the old TV show "Mission Impossible"...but this time around it is "Mission Possible". Your mission should you accept it is to "go make pictures" with the concept of juxtaposition in mind, as Don has explained at the outset.

More time, more opportunities!

phew.
Just 'cause I bin quiet don't mean to say I ain't bin thinkin' ...
but I only started to find my juxtapozin eyes today

I think one of the things to think about is how much juxtaposition can mean to each of us - are we talking subject matter, light and shadow, lines, textures, implied meanings, words, themes, colors... There's an awful lot of juxtapositions in this world of ours.

and ... there are the juxtapositions that can be made of two (or more) images, not just the objects within a single image ...

Back