The Image Quest (Juxtaposition May 22 - June 12, 2011)

Russ, I love this horse - and the whole picture. The softness of the horses coat and main is beautiful. I know there's a whole lot more going on, too - but the softness, color and sign are what hit me hard, right from the first view.

Christina, I agree that the juxtaposition is much more so in your full framed version.

Thanks for your comments BB. I was just wondering what happens next with the IQ. Should we comment on each other's pictures or assume that we all carried out the quest successfully and wait for Don to announce the next one? I seem to remember that we had a similar thing on mu-43rds but I can't remember what we did! I think some of us were glad of the time extension too, so perhaps we should keep this as an ongoing Summer project and re-convene after the holidays with our next quest?

Maybe I started this at the wrong time. I posted this first IQ and the the stuff hit the fan all around me.
I will post some thoughts and ideas over the weekend.
Stay tuned..... until then, it would be good if youse posted comments in the gallery.
There's many images in it and they are lonely without your comments...
Coming soon.... Great ideas...

City centre, Glasgow. I only had my mobile, and it took me too long to find it so one of the four workmen top left had stepped back into the shadows by the time I took this. Shame, would have been good with a proper camera. Workmen in window, advert on wall, woman walking past. Juxtposition (I hope)

Maybe I started this at the wrong time. I posted this first IQ and the the stuff hit the fan all around me.
I will post some thoughts and ideas over the weekend.
Stay tuned..... until then, it would be good if youse posted comments in the gallery.
There's many images in it and they are lonely without your comments...
Coming soon.... Great ideas...

Okay Don, thanks. We all know what it's like when life gets in the way of our creative flow :) Whenever you're ready is fine with me, no rush!

I know I know, I'm working on carrying a non serious compact with me. Does that count? I don't count the camera phone, especially as I don't like the phone itself. Saving up for an iphone. Have you seen the little magnetic lenses you can get for them on photojojo? Fish eye, zoom, all sorts!
Have another juxta but con't get it uploaded, don't know why. Also taken by phone.

Do I still get to play despite the heresy?

Here we go.
5842201228_cb6af4e844_b.jpg
[/url] Angelfeet by heather_t_vet, on Flickr[/IMG]

Heather, very nice. Of course you can use whatever you like, you make your own rules and set your own limitations.
I just try to guide you in breaking them in a responsible manner.
Let me know if you have any upload issues...
Dazed, lost & confused as always...don

Ahhh, the good ole' Thistle..... Down there in Hawick at Mac's Pub....they had a good time giving me half & half's until I was pissed.....
The next day I awoke to a ceremony in the yard with a crown made of thistle and they dubbed me King Doonald.....

This is my youngest daugther taking care of a horse, the full set is better expérienced in the slideshow in my blog: La Couleur et le Noir

Idian saying: The horse does not belong to us, the only thing we have is the duty to take good care of it.

d8e3196.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

d8e3234-3.jpg

d8e3230-2.jpg

d8e3345.jpg

d8e3255-2.jpg

d8e3282-2.jpg

d8e3314-2.jpg

d8e3208.jpg

d8e3363.jpg

d8e3187-2.jpg

d8e3347.jpg

d8e3349.jpg

These are quite beautiful, KianO - but did you mean to post them in this very old Image Quest thread?

Hi and thanks for your appreciation, I stumbled across this thread accidentally while looking for the forum where I should post the 12th contest and reading the intro it gave me the idea to put this series of "apparently unordered shots" into a deep meaning of taking care of a horse. While I took these pictures I hadn't realized how much care and concentration my daugther was putting in the preparation and afterwards cleaning and brushing the horse. I knew it was a beautiful moment but this old thread gave me the idea to sense more deeply the meaning behind her devotion, and this series came out and I put a more complete series on my blog.

So in essence, this thread "woke up" something in me and I have to thank Don for that :).

Thank you very much all of you for your kind words :) I'm really grateful to have witnessed that solitary union of my daughter with the horse.

Back