Cats The Requisite Cat (Kitty) Photo thread

Our neighbor's daughter left today for a new job around 1,000 miles away, taking her cat with her. He is a very friendly cat and spent a lot of time hanging around our house. He and our dog grew up from kitten/pup at the same time, playing together a lot. We helped keep an eye on him when they were out of town or the weather was bad. I didn't realize just how attached I was to him until I pulled up to our mailbox, right in front of their now empty house. I'm really gonna miss this guy.

Topaz.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Topaz 2.JPG

Dear Tony,

It's really tough when you lose a pet or a close animal friend. It's like losing a child, but you're not allowed to express as much emotion. On November 6, 2017 Lana got out of the house. She had done short escapes in the past, but always returned in a few hours. It's been nine months, but we still miss her very much. We have adopted another cat, but nothing will replace the longing for our Lana.

Pensive.jpg

Last edited:
Dear Tony,

It's really tough when you lose a pet or a close animal friend. It's like losing a child, but your not allowed to express as much emotion. On November 6, 2017 Lana got out of the house. She had done short escapes in the past, but always returned in a few hours. It's been nine months, but we still miss her very much. We have adopted another cat, but nothing will replace the longing for our Lana.

View attachment 185449
I'm very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Lana. My mom lost her cat in a similar fashion several years ago. It's tough because there's a part of you that always wonders what happened. At least my little friend from next door is still alive. I just won't see him again. I did have the privilege of getting a fair number of images of him through the years. He followed us and our dog on our walks sometimes, and often showed off by shooting up a neighborhood tree. Here he is greeting our dog one chilly day.

P2190026.JPG

Long before Bentley and before Lana, I had a tough outdoor guy named Mischief. He was 14 pounds of fearless hunter, but a friendly guy when he was inside. I rescued him from an ASPCA at about age 3; he was 22 when I had to have him put down.

Read about Mischief here >>> The Telltale Tail Tale.pdf

Mysterious Mischief.jpg

Cat_Boat_reduced.jpg

Last edited:
This morning, Toby and his nemesis: Prince, who is not very princely. Little shit attacked my foot. His mum said he had a nasty personality and I did not believe her until now. He currently has it in for Toby and keeps coming to the house and caterwauling around the front yard.

Toby looking
F10A1459-35BD-4B46-9B19-71311A331F06.jpeg

Prince glaring from underneath next door's car. (I sent him packing after he attacked me)
37A8C081-5987-44B4-A2E8-E52228AB5E92.jpeg

Back