Fuji The itch for Fujifilm, to switch or not.

Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
Practically all of the TTArtisan manual lenses are somewhere between very good, excellent and superb, IMHO. I'll also second both Arturo's and Randy's recommendations of the two AF Fujifilm 35mm lenses. The 35mm f/1.4 became one of my favorite lenses ever during the year or so that I used it regularly; and now, its spot (as one of my favorite lenses, period) has been claimed by the smaller, slightly slower (but faster focusing) 35mm f/2. Mine is the WR version with the clickable aperture ring and, combined with a WR body (which my XT3 has), makes for a compact camera+lens combo that shines in virtually most inclement weather conditions.

saladin

Veteran
Name
Jason
I've now ordered a TTA 35/1.4 for the princely sum of 90 dollars delivered, lol.

I'm hopeful I can find some nice pictures to make with it, but initially it's really just about seeing if I like the X-T1 and ILC Fuji in general.

My main system is MFT and I find the lower-and-mid-range Fuji branded lenses a little expensive by comparison. (But strangely, some of their presumably elite glass like the new LM primes are cheaper than the Oly Pro primes, for example). But even the old 18mm/2 is pretty pricey at AU$800, which I hadn't expected.

One lens that does appeal to me is the 16/2.8 if I opt to invest more into the system . It looks compact, weathersealed and apparently sharp. Though I do like some character too so it's perhaps a stop slow. Anyway, we'll see how we get on. Hopefully I'll have the TTA in a few days.

Last edited:

saladin

Veteran
Name
Jason
My "budget" Fuji kit has, finally, arrived. Impressions and thoughts will follow over the weekend.

IMG_20230120_164033445-01.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

AndyMcD

Top Veteran
Nice, the X-T1 is a great camera. I still have mine and need to start using it more (I have the 2 and 3 as well). I’m a big fan of manual lenses as well and will be interested to hear how the TTArtisan 35 is - I ended up with the 7Artisan 35/1.2

saladin

Veteran
Name
Jason
1st shot, jpeg, classic chrome, early morning light whilst I have a coffee, (I think) wide open, Auto white balance Transferred via Fuji app to phone, one-touch editing on Snapseed .

2023_0121_18470300-01.jpeg

I think I'll put together a bit of a review over coming days/week if anyone is interested. First impressions is that this camera is intriguingly well done for its age - I probably shouldn't be surprised as I have the even older X100 Classic - , and this lens is gorgeously retro in its design.

IMG_20230121_061756515-01.jpeg

Simonix

Veteran
It certainly seems so. I need to confirm this, but exif software seems to suggest a shutter count under 20!!
I’m afraid those online shutter count checkers are not accurate on early fuji models. My Xpro2 said it had only 120 actuations when I bought it. Then I did a firmware update, now it says only 64!? Haha.

Either way, your XT1 looks like a minter. Hope you enjoy it.

Darmok N Jalad

The eye of the potato, the thrill of the fries.
Yeah, I'd agree that even the later models have similar reporting struggles. The last X-T3 I bought claimed to have 5, but there were scratches on the body. Even a demo model would have had the shutter pressed more than 5 times. My current X-T3 reports about 25k. That's actually the highest shutter count I've ever had on a camera, but I know that's pretty much nothing on a modern camera. Even if the rated life is 100k, I'll probably never get there before getting something else, if my past behavior is any indication, anyway. Though honestly I find the X-T3 to be very close to the perfect camera body. Solid, comfortable to use, not too heavy, great EVF, just the right amount of dials and buttons, a dual-flip display, and lots of DR to be had out of the sensor. The only thing I might wish it had is IBIS, which is basically what the X-T4 does, except then I lose the dual flip display. I haven't found IBIS to be that critical when a higher ISO would help instead of a lower shutter speed.