Compact The Leica Version of the Panasonic LF1 Has Been Unveiled

...the first model of a new line of Leica digital compact cameras that every stylish, fashion-forward consumer will want to own."

"...the sultry beauty of the Leica C..."

"The Leica C-Clutch is a luxurious clutch handbag with a carrying strap. In light gold or dark red Alcantara with a sandblasted metal closer, it offers two separate compartments with ample space for the camera and other personal belongings."

I weep for Leica. :(

Sent from another Galaxy

Actually, it looks like a nice compact but like my LX3 which has been going strong for years I'd only buy the Panasonic version - which I actually think looks more sophisticated in this instance than the Leica one!

LouisB

The LF1 looks and feels like a $100 digicam, and compared to the LX7 (D-Lux6 actually) you can see a big loss in lens/image quality on the edges. Still, the LF1 is more than competitive for its very tiny size. When the 'C' arrives for me I hope there's some upgrade to the LF1's finish besides just color, otherwise a lot of people are going to wonder where their $700 USD went to.

Well, if someone wants this version or the Panasonic...likes the looks of this one and needs LR5 then I think it's a fine choice.

Frankly, I've always preferred the looks of the Leica versions of these "clones".

Back