Fuji The light at the end of the tunnel?

I am wondering if the new and improved OFV of the X29 doesn't hide a part of the view anymore (just as the one from the X10 did or the Canon G1X). There are no informations or images on the net showing how much of the view is hidden and/ or how much is even more hidden when you use a lens adapter or lens hood, etc. at 28 mm. If Fuji managed to avoid blocking part of the view, by slightly moving the tunnel position for example, this would be amazing for street photography.

Desperatly seeking for details
Fred

I hate to sound like another one of these guys who knows all about this new camera before they're even released. But if I had to guess, it sure LOOKS like the same body and the same lens, so I'd think it's the same view thru the OVF as before.

I've had lots of rangefinders, and I've yet to own the first one where I've never NOT seen part of the lens (or certainly the lens hood) in the viewfinder. Just goes with the territory. But then I'm old enough to have come from film days where we always framed 'extra' to allow for printing losses going to 8x10, etc.
but in these digital days, the rear LCD (or the flip view in the X100 or XP) allows us to see around this, though not quite the shooting style for street shooting.

There's plenty we don't know about the X20 yet, but we can say with certainty that the lens will block the corner of the OVF to the same extent it did on the X10. This never bothered me but we all have our own tolerances - the degree to which the 14mm blocks the OVF on the X-Pro does bother me. The location and coverage of the OVF hasn't changed - only the information contained within it has. And nothing about the lens or its function has changed, so there's no way for the amount of blockage to change.

-Ray

According to the newly available Manual (another thread in this forum), the OVF is still partially blocked "at certain focal lengths". I guess it's same as X10, roughly from 28mm-35mm

Back