The Little Lytro

Not a clue but it was at a pricepoint, including the accessories for free, that I decided to try it out. I do know that you can choose your focus and save to jpeg if you want for general posting but otherwise I think you need to use their gallery or have the coding on your own site perhaps to see the effect. Really having a light field camera with interchangeable lenses and the ability to choose focus later then process.. would be cool. Missed focus on the eyes.., refocus later and then process your image. Your focus would never be wrong.. as long as you framed well you'd be good to go.

Fun concept but it's going back. They are supposedly working on something better for 2014, perhaps that was why the sale, and maybe I will check them out again but for now it's a "no" for me. Too much tinkering to get a shot, even the lytro images were grainy, forget about formatting to jpeg. I told them if they made the sensor or whatever it is bigger and then made some interchangeable lenses... or something that would step it up a notch I'd try them again. Ironically the post office was closed today, so I will have to go back on the 2nd.

Back