Fuji The Lord works in VERY mysterious ways....

I hope you won't find that insulting, but you never know: are you sure you've inserted the battery the right way? I've read of a couple users who thought their X-pro1 was dead because the battery can be inserted both ways.

No offense taken, I knew someone would bring it up. I tried inserting it both ways and still no luck. A replacement is already on the way, however, the waiting is getting old!
Off to the UPS store to drop off the broken one!

Bad battery and/or charger?? Camera itself may be okay..

Possibly, but it was working when I unboxed it. Kind of surprised me that it had a charge on a brand new camera battery. When I plugged the battery into the charger the light was green until I went to bed, when I woke up it was off(full charge)? After that, nothing. Anyhow, they've already let me know that a replacement has been shipped so no worries. Just gettin antsie!!

I received my two bodies the other day but my lenses showed up today, so I could try anything until today. Well at first everything was great but one of my bodies has lost power as well, not to concerned they are sending a replacement, that will be here on Monday and the other body is so good. Things just sort of happen when everything is brand new.
Other quick impressions, AF is fast enough, with the 18 and 35, that I do notice it, I must be get old because I had to try really hard to here the aperture rattle (non issue for me), the camera is just about the same size as my Contax G2, but a lot lighter, feels almost perfect in the hand for me, IQ is amazing, lens hoods are different and nice that they came with caps for the hoods, I just wish the caps stayed on better, continuous shooting mode is incredibly fast in RAW for a "Serious Compact" camera, it does not feel as solid as an M9 but I like the lightness, AF and the price of the XPro 1 more.
Even with the on off camera, I am loving the XPRO 1 so far, I think I have finally found the Digital Contax G2 that I have been looking for .

Back