The May Prompts Photo Challenge sign-up thread

Sue, there are no restrictions on gear or even on shooting one every day......you merely have the whole month to try to shoot as many as you like.

For you I'll enter a prompt of "whatever"......kind of a free pass for everyone.

Thomas,
I'm glad you joined....I really enjoy your photos and can't wait to see what you get this month. I just finished creating a checklist (It's already May in Australia.....I couldn't wait any longer) and already uploaded it to the gallery. Your prompt will be an extra credit assignment. I seem to remember that on a roll of 36 shots, I'd often get 37 or 38 shots.

Luke, thanks for organizing all this! Just seen the check list and officially starting tomorrow.
Oh, and my Minolta-Nex adapter arrived a couple of minutes ago:) Rokkor 45mm f2.0 reporting for duty!

Welcome aboard NovemberNovember.... the more the merrier.

It's never too late for questions. It's a mishmash....post when you feel like. I'm going to personally aim for one or so per day, but since you can do them in any order, it has to be a mish mash. But if we are all consistent with naming them after the prompt, one can use the search function in the gallery to view them all by prompt.

It's never too late for questions. It's a mishmash....post when you feel like. I'm going to personally aim for one or so per day, but since you can do them in any order, it has to be a mish mash. But if we are all consistent with naming them after the prompt, one can use the search function in the gallery to view them all by prompt.

Are we all posting within the seriouscompacts gallery then, rather than just embedding from Flickr, etc? Sorry if I missed this...

Yes Kyle, if we do photo challenges as threads they become MASSIVE! If there's 30 folk do it with 36 themes you're looking at over a thousand pics. So we ram them all in the gallery.

Cheers Luke, I forgot you can search that way.

Kyle, by using the gallery here, it keeps the conversation threads from turning into 37 different threads filled with photos (which would really put off those not involved). See this post https://www.photographerslounge.org/f88/may-prompts-challenge-begins-8994/ ......I think all the details are covered...... If you have any more questions, maybe we can start posting them on that thread, and this one can die out.....too many thread that cover the same things can get confusing.

Hi Jean,
You can "share" any photos you like. But for the challenge that we're all trying to do, you need to shoot new ones to fit the themes (and I'll be checking your EXIF). If it was easy, we wouldn't call it a challenge.:)

For example, you should share some of your beautiful flower macros over here..... https://www.photographerslounge.org/f20/show-flowers-115/

You should also consider a brief introduction over here..... Welcomes and Introductions

Hmmm, I wonder if there is a software utility that will allow you to change the dates in EXIF. :D

Just kidding! Even though I think it is going to be super tough to get all of the prompts, I am excited to have an excuse to go out and take pictures. :)

Back