The May Prompts - So How's it Going? - Days 11-20

Steve, perhaps this wikipedia authors' interpretation of the lyrics will inspire you......

"The lyrics speak of finding direction in one's life ("Think about direction / Wonder why you haven't before"), and of doing more than only contemplating change or wishing for it ("If wishes were trees / The trees would be falling")."

Luke, I read that too. My whole life has been about direction. And in that direction, my wife and have moved over 50 times. And in all the changes and moving, there has always been purpose. Our direction is now about retirement and enjoying God's goodness.

how's it going ?

well ... it's going ... I'm not even half way through the list yet ... I think if I wanted to do this justice in a way that would satisfy me, it'd probably take me 3 months ... I'd prefer to try and do the not-obvious but the imaginative bit of my brain seems to have turned into taramasalata ...

Twenty done so far, I think I'll make it although for several I'm still waiting for inspiration. Like I said before I'm treating this like a month-long scavenger hunt, so if I see or think of something that fits, great. If I don't quite make it to 36 at least it's been fun keeping my eyes open for different themes/subjects.

Kristen, feel to swap them out if you like. But as you said, it's not a contest. Do what feels good. I've posted a few clinkers, and I'm sure to post more before the month is over. It's not like this is job portofolio.

No, you're right. It's not a contest but sometimes when I go back and look I think.. yuck. We'll see. I chose to do a pinhole for pinhole day, also due this month and I have zero experience with that.

Unfortunately I'm "out for the count" on the challenge due to camera issues. I've had my D-Lux 5 in and out of service with Leica who were very professional in their response and turn around time in the repair. But when I received my camera it had more problems than when I sent it in. I returned it for a new replacement and was saddened to find that the new one had the same LCD issues. It's going back tomorrow and I'm in the hunt for another camera. Perhaps the Fuji X10 after the 1st of the month when the sensor problem should be rectified by Fuji in the new X10's.

If you think you're too far behind.....just plan 3 shots for today and then double it. BAM......6!

But seriously.....take that list with you...read a prompt and fire. Get out and shoot! I'm looking forward to Tuesday when I may get a chance to shoot some cool new stuff. Monday, I'll just try and check off 2 or 3 items on my list.

raining today - I have 17 left to do - but I'm soaked as I've been out "scouting" the Golden Oriole ....... still trying to get a half decent image

I was off the radar for a lot of work and personal tasks, but now the end of May is there, where I was hoping to get some time to finish off the more difficult ones for me. In the past time, I shot a lot, also with the prompts in mind, and I hope to have doubled my total (15 posted, 15 in the cameras, 7 to go...). I don't know when I can get around to processing and posting though. Backlog!

Back