The May Prompts - So How's it Going? - Days 11-20

I'm done. In spite of not feeling all that well I did finish. I did delete "Despair" because the content, for those of you that saw it, could be disturbing to some. I will slap something up to replace it and.. if I find better things I will exchange them during the remainder of the month. I feel, personally anyways, that this scavenger hunt was an excellent exercise but also a bit stressful as I am not content to just post anything. I have a few 'anythings' up there thus my lack of excitement over finishing. I'll perk up when I feel better, right now it's more like relief.

On a side note, I used mostly the G12 and sometimes my Rebel XSi. My list was kept on my android phone using Sticky Notes and I carried it with me so even if I had only my phone I could get a shot. Never had to use the mobile camera but often carried both my Canons on me. I tried a couple new techniques, better learned all the new software I have and I do have a couple more ideas as I said I might interject instead. Without the pressure I think I will be more relaxed to do them. I have a hard drive of junk to delete as well as vacation photos from January to go through too before I forget all my narrative. :D.

Good luck to the rest of you.. and just do your best, finish or not, it's great exercise and I am truly glad Luke suggested it and I've had the chance to see the creativity of all the others involved. If there is a next time I would suggest 'camera techniques' leaving the content part open. The scavenger hunt wasn't bad but more than one a day is insane! :p

I'm struggling with getting shots for those topics which really do (IMO) involve people: despair/depression, addiction, acts of kindness. I've been to all the places I know where I *used* to be able to catch such things, but the town is changing and my knowledge of it is decreasing. Three years ago, in my wanderings as a community mental health nurse, I would have known where to get shots typifying any of these, but now, I'm drawing blanks. I may have to hop a train and head to Sydney for the day, before the month is done. (or call some of my old workmates to tell me where the hangouts are, these days). Then theres the rest... I failed to shoot a bee yesterday, damn things wouldnt stay in one place long enough, and other bugs seem to have bugged out for the winter. I'll head to where last year I managed to get some harlequin bugs in June, hopefully they will be prolific enough for me to get something decent.

If you can get street performers in Sydney.. They might not be there now like they were in Summer however that is sort of an act of kindness in entertaining people. Maybe catch them making some gesture. Bees are hard to photograph, they do nothing but move and move and move. You could however put something tasty out and get ants. Or disturb an ant hill. Maybe find a spider on a web. Despair was hard for me, a bit raw actually which is why I deleted it and am going to tone it down.

If you can get street performers in Sydney.. They might not be there now like they were in Summer however that is sort of an act of kindness in entertaining people. Maybe catch them making some gesture. Bees are hard to photograph, they do nothing but move and move and move. You could however put something taste out and get ants. Or disturb an ant hill. Maybe find a spider on a web. Despair was hard for me, a bit raw actually which is why I deleted it and am going to tone it down.

LOL! I tried ants yesterday, but they were even busier than the bees. As the weather is cooling they rush out and back so quickly, its nearly impossible to keep them in frame. Its harlequins or bust, today, and yes, I think Sydney for the day, weather dependent. Street performers aren't out as much at this time of the year, I think you were over here during Festival time, so much more of that, then. I'll see what I can see, the train trip is 2 hours each way so some limitations about where I can go and how much time I can spend there.

LOL! I tried ants yesterday, but they were even busier than the bees. As the weather is cooling they rush out and back so quickly, its nearly impossible to keep them in frame. Its harlequins or bust, today, and yes, I think Sydney for the day, weather dependent. Street performers aren't out as much at this time of the year, I think you were over here during Festival time, so much more of that, then. I'll see what I can see, the train trip is 2 hours each way so some limitations about where I can go and how much time I can spend there.

Maybe you will catch someone on the train! Crossing my fingers for you. As for the ants put something out for them to gather like granulated sugar or something and they will pose a little longer. Cracker flakes are good too, they are awkward to carry so they struggle and move more slowly.

Maybe you will catch someone on the train! Crossing my fingers for you. As for the ants put something out for them to gather like granulated sugar or something and they will pose a little longer. Cracker flakes are good too, they are awkward to carry so they struggle and move more slowly.

No train today, decided to go bug hunting, but it was a washout. Either I was too early for them or council had already sprayed and killed them all. either way, no Harlequins for this challenge. I'll try stuff in the garden again later but right now, I need to nap. Train tomorrow if my sleeping is better tonight.

Back