the May Serious Compacts Challenge

A poor showing by Aussies on this one, so count me in. Not doing it for me so much as the pride of our island nation :th_salute: Getting pretty cold and dark out these parts so the challenge is two-fold.

After discovering I don't like daily shooting I'm a little wary of signing up but this sounds more suitable for me so count me in if you need people to make up the numbers.

It was quite cold and dark here in January....no complaining allowed. Your countrymen (and women) should be proud of you.

Of course. Mate whining is not an Aussie quality, we are battlers through and through. The whinging we leave to our more northerly neighbours. I shan't point them out lest they strip their flag off ours and so only a quarter of ours remains....not to mention thinner coins with only a tail and sliced off a head of state ;)

I agree with Luke, the northern hemisphere strikes back :D Anyway I thought you were a continent, not an island.

Barrie

Proudly we are both. The Island Continent.
..aka The Land Down Under. The Great Southerner Land. Terra Australis. The Land of Beer and....ummm...plenty!!!

Also I prefer to think of us as an island otherwise which continent do you put Tasmania on....not to mention New Zealand?

Ours too Barrie ... not that would want you to do something you don't want to, of course ,,, (but I also think you often don't give yourself enough credit for your abilities)

Paul, there's part of me that wants to do, there's another that queries whether I would enjoy it. By the way it's self deprecation that's got me where I am :laugh1: Seriously thank you for your kind remarks.

Barrie

To Barrie and all others who are sitting on the fence....... just JOIN IN. If it ever becomes work or unenjoyable (is that a word?), go on about your daily life. This is one area in life where it's OK to quit. To me, the only failure is in not even trying. It's OK to try and and find out that it's not for you and leave it behind....really. We'll all get over it. I never thought I'd make it through that Single in January....and there were SEVERAL days I just wanted to chuck it all in. But I'm glad I stuck it out. Either way Barrie, we're happy to have ya or we're happy you're staying out of the way :tongue:

Mark, I thought they were floating around looking for a home :laugh1:

Barrie
Yeah....precisely! I mean how long must one tolerate the bad smell. I think we have been accommodating enough for long enough! We should, nay must, be independent! No need for hangers on....we are big enough to be our own people...especially if we are to be taken seriously as loyal subjects to our Queen and Mother England :blush:

They can be a thing, an emotion, a color, an abstract idea. They can be whatever you can imagine. They could be a song lyric, a famous photo, an old TV show or a worn out shoe. And you can follow the prompt literally or just let it push you in a vague direction.

it is a possible for me, but I would prefer the idea of just shooting 36 different images with no repeating of the subjects as a opposed to searching out 36 prompts.

Perhaps add to the list a photographic technique like shooting down low or up high, panning or panorama etc., allowing in some cases the subject matter to be completely open. This would aid people who need a little wiggle room like Bob above, to to still participate but in less of a scavenger hunt manner. Technique can be done anywhere. Where equipment might be limited, for example a false miniature would require a tilt shift lens or maybe a lensbaby, allow the use of post processing/software [in-camera or out] as an option. Fisheye would require a lens, some kind of bowl to distort, or again software in-camera or out. This might have fallen into your 'whatever you can imagine' area but just in case, I wanted to mention it. While the option is there to pass some challenges up or just walk away if it becomes unenjoyable, most of us will be compelled to try. That is the purpose after all :)

Excellent point Kristen.....and with that great reminder, I think you have helped me choose the prompt that I will put forth. And perhaps it's time for me start a thread for everyone to properly sign up and add their prompt.....May is just around the corner...... no time to dillly dally.

Adding another idea here.. you can do it by letter. "Something that begins with T" or "Something that begins with B.." for example.

Back