The "new" dog.....

stanleyk

Top Veteran
This little guy jumped in my car at the park today at 5:30 AM when we got there to go walking. He was really scared. I think he was dumped there last night. Why me.............. I'm not kidding. I was half asleep and taking the dogs out for their morning walk. I opened my door to get out and he came flying in. Everyone gets along great......of course.... I couldn't find a man eating Rottweiler could I? I doubled up Ruby's collar and put it on him and off we went. It was if he had been living with us his whole life. I had him checked on my lunch break right after I took these. No microchip. So far no vet or boarders in town have reported him as lost. Where we walk in the morning is pretty far away from any homes and he seems very happy now. He was terrified this AM. My guess is he got dumped there last night. I'm of course looking for a home for him. I will deliver (to anywhere in Texas or perhaps Oklahoma/Arkansas.....). He's already neutered. Very friendly...make that VERY friendly. No food aggression. He walks great on the leash and rides fine in the car. He did ride in my lap but I will chalk that up to everyone else taking all the seats.

Sorry for the bad photos. He just would not even remotely sit still. :)

I'm really afraid I now have 4 dogs..................................my other three dogs love him. I may be out voted on this one.

Attachments

• 012403.jpg
    012403.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 214
  • 012404.jpg
    012404.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 494
Super cute dog, and you rock for rescuing him without a second thought. Great photo's for a dog that wouldn't stand still...you should see our rescue Yorkie, I've yet to have her stand still enough for a pic in the 2 years we've had her!

Oh man ... why you...??? I am sure every dog in your herd instantly told him hop in, that it would be okay and that you are the greatest! Unfortunate for you but very good fortune for your new pup. I wish I could help.

Gary

We have a strict 2 dog limit.....otherwise I'd drive down there and pick him up. But then you'd just find another one anyways ;)

He's super cute! You just need to start an animal rescue shelter. Who knows....maybe there are some grants and you can get paid for all the work you do!

Have you ever owned a terrier before ? They have a bad habit of breaking into your heart and staying forever !
Whatever the outcome I know you will do the best you can for him.

The dogs that find you are the best kind to keep. It's like they were sent to you. We had our dog Dustie, who found my husband for about thirteen years. She might have been fourteen. And that little guy he doesn't take up room at all.

The dogs that find you are the best kind to keep. It's like they were sent to you. We had our dog Dustie, who found my husband for about thirteen years. She might have been fourteen. And that little guy he doesn't take up room at all.

When I was a kid we had a similar experience. Our Labrador returned home with a Collie in tow. She stayed, and was just so at home. There were signs of rough treatment, but she recovered.

Our cat (sorry, cat in a dog thread) is a rescue. He seems happy to have acquired us.

Little B is also a rescue dog, rescued at 3 weeks old from a gypsy camp. He's a really good natured dog but his whole demeanour changes as soon as he sees men in big working boots. I think he was probably kicked as a pup, he trembles even if I hold him.

Back