The New House at Number 35.

bilzmale

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill Shinnick
There is a new house being built on the block behind our house. I have taken a few photos at significant stages and thought I'd continue to share them from time to time in this thread.
Unfortunately, I missed recording the demolition. Photos are taken with the Samyang 7.5mm fisheye lens set to 16:9 aspect ratio and defished in Paintshop Pro 2019.

The bare block and erecting a retaining wall.

P2160220 -1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
P4150587 -1.jpg

Basements are just assumed for this midwesterner (where we can hide from tornadoes) so I'm always shocked (really) to see a building being built on a slab.

Cool series, Bill. I look forward to following along with the construction. Does Google street view have a photo of the now-demolished home?

No work as rain expected today. Taken today to see where they finished after one day (7am to 5:30pm). This one not defished to show more.

I really want this to turn into something like Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window. Have you witnessed any weird things going on, like the mafia trying to dump a suspicious carpet roll into the concrete foundations?

Last edited:
Something went wrong with yesterday's post - now fixed. Brickies worked today, Saturday and started on the internal walls. Sharp-eyed observers will note the blue metal straps that will be used to tie down the roof later.

P6290680 -1-adjustRs.jpg

Back