The New House at Number 35.

All the work has been going on indoors - quiet today so got an interior shot of the walls plastered and ready for kitchen wall tiles. Gyprock for ceilings is on site.

P8190765_Rs.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ceilings are in as is the glass for doors and windows. Painters spent an hour or two pressure cleaning the eaves yesterday and I expect them to start tomorrow.

DSC00716 Panorama-RS.jpg

DSC00714-adjust-Rs.jpg

Bill, is your climate so mild all year that no insulation is used?

It looks like they are going to put in the ceiling and there is no insulation beneath the roof. I would think that lets a lot of heat in.

Bill, is your climate so mild all year that no insulation is used?

It looks like they are going to put in the ceiling and there is no insulation beneath the roof. I would think that lets a lot of heat in.

Luke insulation is widely used here. Batts of fibre will be layed on the ceiling itself. Rolls of foil-backed fibre are sometimes used directly under the steel sheeting especially in large sheds without a ceiling.

that is a pretty big wall to build around your home. Maybe for privacy with a lot of glass facing the street.....maybe it also doubles as protection from a wayward auto on a busy street coming through their living room. I assume we'll see some shrubbery soon to hide the wall.

The wall will be cement rendered to match the house. The wall is built in "Fastwall" bricks - cheap and nasty and never left exposed.

I agree about the 'trim' on the house - bit of a 'dog's dinner' and will date very quickly.

The block is small but plot ratios have been rising and the Aussie dream of a 1/4 acre block with a big back yard is a thing of the past. The right-hand of the shot below shows what the house was like before the rebuild.

DSCF0566.jpg

Back