The New Ricoh GR Announced and Available for Pre-Order ($797 at B&H)

Grrrrrr, just a few more weeks and I will have the new GR in my flickering little claws. The red issues seem to be an Adobe (is that becoming a swear word?) problem, solved either by firmware, updated or new software. AF speed may or may not be an issue, and the sheer pocketability and Ricoh-ness will beat a lot of other cameras. Today I was location scouting with the M9 and 25mm Biogon, and the thought of doing this with the GR in the future was thrilling.

Hey, just a few thoughts on the new ricoh gr.

Has anyone notice the unique lens desgin on the new GR, the front element seems rather small and seems to be attached to some sort of metal tube rather than molded to the plastic retracting element. Has anyone seen this before in a camera, will this make it harder to clean or magnify any scratches on the front lens compared to previous designs...

Does anyone know anything definite about the focus peeking implementation on the GR, i've read somewhere that it has four different modes, any chance that one of them are the b&w highlight on the GXR, does this work on snap focus or only manual focus, and is manual focus adjusted using the up/down directional pad or the EXcomp buttons.

thanks for any info.

I'm really happy that this lens is of a telescoping design (where it extends when you turn the camera on), because if it had a lens that didn't move on the exterior, I would've had a REALLY hard time keeping myself from buying it (I prefer a lens that doesn't telescope due to dust and ruggedness concerns). Other than that, it looks absolutely amazing, and almost perfect for my needs!

I haven't read anything about focus peaking on the GR. It would be nice though!

Hey, just a few thoughts on the new ricoh gr.

Has anyone notice the unique lens desgin on the new GR, the front element seems rather small and seems to be attached to some sort of metal tube rather than molded to the plastic retracting element. Has anyone seen this before in a camera, will this make it harder to clean or magnify any scratches on the front lens compared to previous designs...

Does anyone know anything definite about the focus peeking implementation on the GR, i've read somewhere that it has four different modes, any chance that one of them are the b&w highlight on the GXR, does this work on snap focus or only manual focus, and is manual focus adjusted using the up/down directional pad or the EXcomp buttons.

thanks for any info.

Really looking forward to shooting with one.

8657708930_f4225ff109_b.jpg

8656604827_152a6703c2_b.jpg

I'VE JUST GOT MY SHIPPING NOTICE FROM B&H PHOTO!!!!!!!

Just kidding. ;)

I think B&H still says 15th of May for release date, whereas the release from Pentax says the 24th. Oh well, what's another few weeks, eh?

When did you cancel? Just recently? Why, waiting to see what other's thing?

Just wonder, are there even cameras left after a preorder is filled or are even the preorders delayed further due to lack of supply? I thought I might cancel and wait to see what others think as I better gather funds but then I'm not so sure I'd get one when I wanted one.

I don't think all pre-orders will be filled with the initial shipment, but I also think that after the initial rush (whether it's 2 weeks or 2 months is anyone's guess) orders should be filled right away. I would expect it will be in stock within a week or two after the initial pre-ordered units have shipped.

My dealer in the UK has ordered 5 units, of which, including my order, he has sold 4. He said June when I ordered. Mine is being funded by the sale of my X100 black set. At least having a GRDlll I am confident that the GRD will work for me. BTW have you noticed that the people who ask half a dozen questions during an auction are NEVER the people who put in the winning bid...? :rolleyes:

Sent from another Galaxy

Back