Sony The NEX Image thread

Many thanks to all for your recent additions. I have been a bit slow on catching up on all the threads. I am so glad to see so many new photos on this thread!

Dan (AKA Country Parson) - wonderful flowers!

Here's a few from the NEX 5 with a CV 75mm f2.5 lens.

_DSC1205.jpg

_DSC1193.jpg

_DSC1156.jpg

Cheers,

Simon

Simon, Janis and Andy - you are all making it more and more difficult for me to withstand the draw of the NEX5! Superb color - and black and white! Wow. I'm getting an itchy trigger finger.

Simon, when you have a chance please stop by and give us an "official" unofficial intro in the Welcomes and Introductions forum, so we can give you the secret SC handshake.;)

Thanks for the kudos, they are appreciated!

Dan,
I bought NEX early so there was not a lot of suppliers for the adaptors which I ended up getting from Russia. It is marked "Pixee L(M)-NEX" if that's any help. They seem OK (I have 2), and like all adaptors, they allow focus slightly beyond infinity, which is a nuisance, but with the live view, who cares?

Here's a few more from the last couple of days:

_DSC1189.jpg

_DSC1153.jpg

_DSC1200.jpg

Cheers,

Wild Lily

The wild Lilies are coming up in our woods, which are in the Uwharrie mountains region of North Carolina. I look forward to them every Spring. Here are some samples taken with the NEX5 and a 60mm Nikon macro lens.
WildLily0183r1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

WildLily0215r.jpg

WildLily0200r.jpg

They are lovely, Dan and I can only imagine walking along through the forest and being met by one - or more - as though they were planted by someone long, long ago for that moment.

Are they fragrant - they must be, I'd think.

My favorite is your middle one. Something about its bloom looking upward and the darker, richer greens..with just enough in focus to give this lilly its place on the forest floor. Wonderful spring light!

Back