Sony The NEX Image thread

Martin.

Great set of images especially the still life set. This is the sort of thing i want to do and am setting up a tiny studio on my office. ........... What lighting do you use?

Thanks Andy. I only use natural light from a north facing window. Sometimes I diffuse it with a role of transparent paper. To create shadows and add depth I used 4 large (3 feet diameter ) reflectors. Sometimes a small mirror to lighten up small areas. That's it :)

6204403426_510b8035ac_z.jpg

6203885947_f273ebfdbb_z.jpg

6204402844_6fc4b31cf8_z.jpg

:cool: That is very cool - what a great image to spur on future chemists - and film makers! I also neglected to comment earlier that I loved your first early morning beach photo, in particular, for its other worldliness. And as for "Divine Light" being a cliché - I don't find it to be at all. I love the water whenever and wherever I can get it - and that's a lovely dark moment with the light breaking through.

Jason, you've got yourself an awfully cute little fellow there - though I'm sure he'd be upset to hear me describe him as "cute"!:D Mr. Tough Guy!;) In your earlier group of three, there's something about that image of the tiger hanging from that grab bar in the car that I really liked the moment I saw it. He has a well loved look. The intense colors and lighting show off that special glow that I think he must have for his little friend.

Thanks BB.. although i'd love to claim him as mine he's only my little cousin I took this photo of him on a trip to Jamaica back in april and decided the other day how could i make this picture a little more unique =) and i'm sure he wouldn't mind being called cute ;-) i'll forward the message.

Jason, you're really going to town with your post processing and its worked out extremely well! Is this a recipe that you've put together with a little of this and that? I like the old time weathered film feel...both in the color and black and white very much.

Back