Sony The NEX Image thread

NEX5 + Sony 16mm/2.8

dsc00746dd.jpg

Out and about in Glencoe with the NEX

Perfect, if someone said Glencoe, the image that would pop into my head is captured in the first shot. Particularly the colour of the grass (y)
I often see photos on here that make me a little envious of someones technique or a little jealous of someones equipment, but it's not often I see one that makes me wish I was there, which IMO is the best thing a photo can do.

6022416955_4f87fc8a6d_z.jpg

This is the Old Tate & Lyle sugar refinery on the Old Dock road the docks have all but gone and left to become rather overgrown.
some of the old Warehouses still stand not having been converted to Luxury Flats as have those at the waters edge in Liverpool City.

Wow! Now I know at least one camera that you've got in your arsenal! This is stunning, myBest.

Penny, I feel for you in that rain!! Your shot really makes me feel soaked!

First picture results Nex 3 with E 18-55 OSS.

Hi all,
Since last Friday I am the happy owner of the Nex 3 with the E 18-55 OSS. Obviously installed the latest firmware (a breeze with Sony) first and gave it a quick test run on Saturday.
After introducing myself first at the welcome thread, I though......lets share some initial first results. One small warning......I like B&W and square. Sorry;)

p751146639.jpg

p1034680417.jpg

p861179682.jpg

p739337722.jpg

OK.....some colour too.....;)

p180820185.jpg

p329370131.jpg

Thanks BB,
I must admit I was pleasantly surprised to see how the Nex handles colours. Specially the yellows.
Glad you like them.

Martin.

Great set of images especially the still life set. This is the sort of thing i want to do and am setting up a tiny studio on my office. I have been thinking of getting another NEX for studio work but may have to stick with the G3 (not a bad thing!!). What lighting do you use?

By the way, there's nowt wrong with Black & White 1:1 ratio images!! They ROCK!!

Back