Micro 4/3 The official I don't want the LX100 thread

There seems to be more than the normal amount of folks who are unimpressed by the image quality. I know, that is too general of a statement to be defensible, but it is the general impression I am coming away with after reading too many posts.

4K video is impressive especially for something that size that's more pocketable than any other camera with good video. i like that it's got manual controls like a Fuji. i'm just not into zooms especially for fixed lens cameras.

it would have been sweet if the GM5 was an interchangeable lens version of the LX100.

I'm actually re-thinking this & instead am considering the X100 (original new) and the 50mm Teleconverter lens..

I "pre-ordered" an X100T a few weeks ago. If it works out well, I'm likely to try the 28mm and 50mm converters. And if they work out well I'm likely to sell off my X-A1 and 27mm lens. If not, I'll repurchase the Fuji 18mm lens for the X-A1. I like the LX100. I'm sure the image quality would be good enough for what I'd use it for. But there are too many niggling little issues with it for me - especially given the price. Right now, I'd be more likely to pick up a G7X or RX100 III if I really feel a need to upgrade my Fuji XF1. But I'll be waiting for Amin's feedback when he gets his LX100. ;)

Received my LX100 today, and it's a winner. Everything is just perfectly laid out. I immediately feel a connection with this camera. Lens is plenty sharp too. Just need to get out and shoot now...

I "pre-ordered" an X100T a few weeks ago. If it works out well, I'm likely to try the 28mm and 50mm converters. And if they work out well I'm likely to sell off my X-A1 and 27mm lens. If not, I'll repurchase the Fuji 18mm lens for the X-A1. I like the LX100. I'm sure the image quality would be good enough for what I'd use it for. But there are too many niggling little issues with it for me - especially given the price. Right now, I'd be more likely to pick up a G7X or RX100 III if I really feel a need to upgrade my Fuji XF1. But I'll be waiting for Amin's feedback when he gets his LX100. ;)

Biro,
"Rgr that" you're going to have BIG FUN with the "T" :cool:

As for me, I just picked up a new X100 (late model series) for $598 USD. I too plan on getting the 50mm teleconverter at a date TBD.:)

Also, I found a tip on DPR that you can process the LX100 RAW files in Lightroom by changing the EXIF to GX7. It's very easy to do using ExifTool. Here are the steps I used:

1. Download ExifTool standalone executable from here: Installing ExifTool
2. Unzip, name to exiftool.exe, and move to C:\WINDOWS\
3. Run the following from the command line to batch change all RAW files on the SD card drive (mine is drive F):

15714536806_1875588537_o.png

Also, I found a tip on DPR that you can process the LX100 RAW files in Lightroom by changing the EXIF to GX7. It's very easy to do using ExifTool. Here are the steps I used:

1. Download ExifTool standalone executable from here: Installing ExifTool
2. Unzip, name to exiftool.exe, and move to C:\WINDOWS\
3. Run the following from the command line to batch change all RAW files on the SD card drive (mine is drive F):

15714536806_1875588537_o.png

I've done that trick with updated bodies that use the same sensor and the same system of interchangeable lenses (EP1 to EPL1 for example) and it's worked really well. But if you're fooling it into thinking the LX100 is really a GX7, it'll no doubt open the files, but I can't imagine LR will know how to handle the LX100 lens corrections or the multi-aspect and reduced active size of the sensor. I've generally avoided doing this when the guts of the camera are different or when it's not using the same lens(es)... Interested to hear how it comes out... But it's interim anyway, I'm sure there will be raw support within a matter of weeks, or a month or two at the latest...

-Ray

I use rawtherapee 4.2 which opens the LX100 files with correct color profile. I don't usu use distortion correction unless I am shooting a bldg, etc...

Armando has been quiet since he got his camera. Hopefully we'll see some more photos:)

it'll no doubt open the files, but I can't imagine LR will know how to handle the LX100 lens corrections or the multi-aspect and reduced active size of the sensor

It seems to work extremely well. Colors are great. Distortion corrections are same as in-camera if you open the RAW in Lightroom. Not sure why that works, but it does!

Since all the lens corrections are in the raw file, most probably it is taking it as if you are using gx7 + lx100 lens... It is not like other systems that adobe has to put a profile for the lens correction.

It seems to work extremely well. Colors are great. Distortion corrections are same as in-camera if you open the RAW in Lightroom. Not sure why that works, but it does!

Here's one processed from RAW in LR (after changing EXIF to GX7) taken near full tele and wide open. Click through for full res.

15738517301_212d4e05ed_b.jpg

This was the in-camera JPEG (Click through for full-res):

15740438405_98f7f11459_b.jpg

Yes, great shot. It is good to hear it is working for you.

I was using jpgs with -5 noise reduction and +1 sharpening. The jpgs looked good to me, maybe oversharpened with +1, maybe just the noise reduction might help.

Back