Fuji The Official, International, Multi Dimensional, X100 Street Thread.

These are really nice and do show off the versatility of the X100's abilities with Auto ISO. As I know I've mentioned, I've found even at 6400 in color that I've achieved some very good quality images...noise wise, etc.

Your first is a classic, Ian! All three look very good in black and white.:drinks:

Now this is a very strange and wonderful image! I must know if there is a relationship between this cow's head mask and Xmas? It is a cow, isn't it?

Very otherworldly... I can't help but think of Orwell's Animal Farm. This could be an image from a dream, ntrolls.:drinks:

Brick lane - almost on par with Camden Town for an interesting collection of subjects for the avid street shooter.

Works really well in B&W as the tones in the head and turnups match those in the lamppost and buildings.

I'm new here (and new to the X100) so I don't have much to contribute, but this is a great thread. Very inspiring.

Some lovely green umbrellas in a light rain this past Friday, as I enjoyed a bottle of wine with the missus before our dinner reservation:

Copy of DSCF3002.JPG

DSCF5822.JPG

Not my best photograph, but taking it (of an ilegally parked police car in the bike lane) did get me tailed for 4 blocks at 3mph. He never stopped, or said anything, he just backed up traffic behind him and crawled along right behind me, in the car lane. When I finally spun around t face him, he pulled a u-turn and sped off. Fun times.

I'm gradually getting around to looking at other peoples work. There's lots of excellent photo posts. I came across your 'Quick Visit' photos - loved them! Very effective in b&w. The first shot has everything, framing, texture & human interest (involvment).
Glyn

Lately I've been doing most everything in the Oloneo PhotoEngine which is primarily an HDR standalone software. But I use it to tweak single JPEGs. I do different things with different photos....sometimes soften, sometimes sharpen. Always lift shadows (even when I crush them again later)...sometimes go super contrasty, sometimes bring out more mid-tones. Often I'll even play with color temp and individual color channels. At first all I did was cartoony, BAD HDR stuff. Now I do slightly more subtle bad HDR type stuff. There plenty of control to make it as tame or as wild as you like. I think they have a free trial if you want to try it out. I like it and use it a lot, but I tend to go too far. I'm getting better at easing it back. The above example is me dialing it back.....still too much probably for most.

Back