Fuji The Official, International, Multi Dimensional, X100 Street Thread.

Justin, welcome and congratulations upon your X100! Use your camera wherever you are and enjoy it! One of the Fuji's highlights is its great ability to handle low light. I don't "get around" as much as I'd like, either... Perhaps you can take some photos where you're working? You've gotten yourself a great camera.(y)

Thanks so much for jumping right in here at Serious Compacts, and I do hope you'll share some of your photographs with us soon. In the mean time, please stop over to the Welcomes and Introductions forum to say hello.:D

Thanks BB! Here is some of my recent photos from my x100, I am still learning... but having fun!!

6039524911_b2220e7d4c_b.jpg

6039527795_ce2146d5bf_b.jpg

6039529569_d5596c1961_z.jpg

Thanks BB, I think the X100 OVF is really very useful for critical timing... I just need more practice, both with the X100 and in 'reading' subjects on the street.

Will post more images later, just waiting for the cable guy to deliver a new modem :)

Cheers

Brian

This is an arresting image, alessandro. What I mean is that it stops me in my tracks - the Merry Christmas storefront window and the young girl who looks rather worried and slightly afraid, leaning against this older man (her father?) who has his arms crossed. Strong stuff.

Thank you, Wylie.
They were looking tired while I focused, she was laying on her father's shoulder. Time to focus and recompose, and the result is what you see... Don't know why she looked at me too, perhaps she sensed her father's attention... It would have been a strong image anyway, but it came stronger...
I'll add it is an underexposed 6400iso shot (cause of the bright window); darks are lifted and nonetheless detail is there, if grainy. I'm impressed.
Now, if the X100 was a tad quicker and had a multifocal lens (not a zoom, but something like the leica tri-elmar), it could easily be my final camera... ;-)

Much appreciated, Alessandro. You saw the scene perfectly and edited it in black and white beautifully. I hear you on the "tad quicker and a multifocal lens"....one never knows what will appear in a year or so.;)

Back