Leica The Official Leica Place Street Thread

The 'Pipes' band played a nice selection of Irish and Scottish music. The lighting seemed to favor a little too much blue, or maybe that impression is driven by the costumes. --- I've tried the photo of the church from the lot 2 blocks away many times, and never kept any, due to the clutter in the parking lot. This time I cropped more of the irrelevant stuff from the bottom, and I think it looks a little weird, but I really wanted to have this view, so I'll see how I like it down the road.

Leica X2 Paul Smith edition, f5.6, 1/320 handheld, ISO 200.
Charleston_Music_Pipes01_s.jpg

Leica X2 Paul Smith edition, f5.6, 1/1600 handheld, ISO 200.
Charleston_Church_St_John_Baptist05_s.jpg

The colors are quite nice on both images. The church looks fine, but I might have cropped it a lot more... Perhaps take out the pole and everything to the right...

The colors are quite nice on both images. The church looks fine, but I might have cropped it a lot more... Perhaps take out the pole and everything to the right...

Yeah, it was a weird thing to begin with. I might work on it some more.

L1004504_zpstsddto28.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

New Year's morning, Valletta, Malta, 2013.
Leica M8, CV35 f1.4 MC. This is one of my favourite images, taken within a few week of owning my first rangefinder. I like that it is unfocused!

8743216753_c082c0b640_b.jpg
by David M, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Hurricane evacuation from Charleston SC - this image was taken through a hotel window in Greensboro NC, 300 miles distant. It was grey, very wet, and the image quality suffered from the combination of effects.

Leica X2 Paul Smith edition, f5.6, 1/4 sec. braced against window, ISO 200.
North_Carolina02_s.jpg

A couple of street scenes, one a drawing on the side of an alley next to a door, easy to miss, looks like Val Kilmer (not sure). The actors were working on a commercial of some kind, moving down the street pretty quickly.

Leica X2 Paul Smith edition, f8.0, 1/60 sec. handheld, ISO 200.
Charleston_Graffiti01_s.jpg

Leica X2 Paul Smith edition, f5.6, 1/1000 handheld, ISO 200.
Charleston_Actors01_s.jpg

really like the zm25mm shot in b&w. can you describe what you like/dont like about that lens? it has a great reputation. i decided on the new hollywood 28/2 for my pentax, and i love it and am interested in how the 25 compares. im sure its more of a flat field lens, but it seems to have some pop as well...do you note character differences at f2 vs other apertures?

L1006794-Edit-3.jpg

M240 ZM25 2.8 f8

L1006705-Edit.jpg

M240 ZM25 2.8 f4

L1006651-Edit-2-2.jpg

around f4

I love this lens and keep it on the M240 for travel. I really like the starbursts it can create. My only dislike is that it can sometimes make things appear somewhat unreal in a way that I can't quite put my finger on. If you use the lens profile in Lightroom it can really throw out framing for architecture though as it corrects.

Back