The Old Silo at Daybreak

entropic remnants

Hall of Famer
Name
John Griggs
Something I saw on my new ride to my new job. At first I've just had to navigate, now I'm starting to see things and I noticed this on the way in and grabbed a shot.

I've been asked if that's a tree growing out of the top of it and I'll be darned if I know, lol. It makes me think of the fairy tale "Rapunzel".

Fuji X-E2 and 35mm f/1.4 lens.

11458594243_9248deef36_b.jpg

The Old Silo at Daybreak by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

I think it's just more of that ivy stuff only since it's at the top and has nowhere to go its twisting on itself and looking thicker. Though, given a mausoleum I've seen at a nearby cemetery, there was a tree growing right through the center of it. Roof was all cracked up, not sure what came first, did the tree cause it or did it take advantage of it. I think it was the latter though because the door was long gone and people used to go in there to drink and do drugs, sadly. Now the cemetery is kept up with but for a while it wasn't. Just think of all the new things you're going to see on the way to your new job. Exploration!

nice shot big man :)

Thanks, mate!

I think it's just more of that ivy stuff only since it's at the top and has nowhere to go its twisting on itself and looking thicker. Though, given a mausoleum I've seen at a nearby cemetery, there was a tree growing right through the center of it. Roof was all cracked up, not sure what came first, did the tree cause it or did it take advantage of it. I think it was the latter though because the door was long gone and people used to go in there to drink and do drugs, sadly. Now the cemetery is kept up with but for a while it wasn't. Just think of all the new things you're going to see on the way to your new job. Exploration!

I was thinking about this and it's rather creepy to think where the ROOTS of that tree are growing...

You know, there are a few things I'm going to want to photograph on that route, when the light accomodates. Looking forward to see what light the seasons bring to my new travel so you're right on about that!

Back