Fuji The Original old X100 can still boogie

Just in the process of familiarising myself with this camera. Fuji was my gateway to rangefinder cameras, but using a Fuji after using a rangefinder or a manual focus DSLR setup for a long period takes more adjustment, what's apparent is that there definitely *is* a difference in usage. The X100 may look like a rangefinder, but the focus by wire, the bleep sounds when using it, the ever so slightly delay between the shutter press and picture being taken takes some getting used to. But when I look at the files, coverted to jpeg with Iridient Developer, there's a certain uniqueness to the files akin to those of an M9. Lovely size, I was after a GRII for its rendering, but I think I'll keep this instead. Also, I vaguely remember some comments that it wasn't sharp wide open. That's fine by me, probably deliberate, character at the expense of boring flat images. Handles highlights well too. Pleased with my purchase of this 11 year old camera and very much looking forward to using it with its internal flash which I can't do with my Leica or GRIII.

DSCF0021 2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSCF0019.jpg

DSCF0003 iridient.jpg

Nice! I'm in the process of moving away from the X100, but still feel guilty for letting it sit idle. It's such a fun image maker. And I like its DR mode much better than on my newer XF10

It's just that it's not quite everyday small for me, and my interests have shifted to longer focal lengths. That, and no USB charging nor wifi just make the "getting ready before / using photos after" part of a photo session more of a chore than with a more modern camera.

Nice! I'm in the process of moving away from the X100, but still feel guilty for letting it sit idle. It's such a fun image maker. And I like its DR mode much better than on my newer XF10

It's just that it's not quite everyday small for me, and my interests have shifted to longer focal lengths. That, and no USB charging nor wifi just make the "getting ready before / using photos after" part of a photo session more of a chore than with a more modern camera.
Not my only camera for sure. Glad I have one though.

It was my only camera for 4 years or so... Whenever I think about that, and the images I got, I feel a little bit like a fool for wanting more :p

And now, I am feeling guilty about my own X100 which has been languishing for years.
If I'm honest, I don't need it and it will be a bit of languishing. A fair bit of my gear (Nokton 58mm for example) is like that but the fact that they're there and will perform at a moment's notice is very nice.

Back