Micro 4/3 The Panasonic 20mm F 1.7 lens Image Thread

BBW

Legend
Name
BB
Let the photos begin!

Here is one of my earliest digital photos. It remains one of my own favorites and makes me really truly miss this lens and my Olympus camera.

4444800992_77907c262a_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

E-P2 1/60th @ f/1.7 ISO 800

Let the photos begin!

Here is one of my earliest digital photos. It remains one of my own favorites and makes me really truly miss this lens and my Olympus camera.

4444800992_77907c262a_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

E-P2 1/60th @ f/1.7 ISO 800

I've seen this before, so gentle, calm, tones and color are just wonderful.
It's a keeper. And as I don't own the 20 any more I'll just have to be jealous
and put up with all this good stuff....

Cheers,
PEte

Just to show that the 20mm f1.7 is good in the hands of anyone

Here's one taken by "the waiter" last October in Spain - A Russian Restaurant on the Costa Blanca - you should have seen the "black windowed" cars outside

I'm the good looking one in pink, (for AzPete!!), and my wife is in green - it was a really good meal and the staff, all from Russia or nearby, were great

(by the way, that's not a paunch - I must have just be breathing out slightly)

Russian-rest.jpg

Thanks Andy

I'm just trying to show the versatility of the lens

to tell you the truth, sometimes I just wonder why I should bother with anything else

(PS - this thread reminds me of Brian Mosely - not sure why?)

When i had my GF-1 i did once say (and i meant it) that if i could only have one camera and one lens it would be the GF-1 and the 20mm f/1.7. This still holds true today but it would be the E-PL2 and 20mm f/1.7 which is pretty amazing after all the lenses that have been through my hands.

God Bless the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 :th_salute:

I have had my Panasonic with the 20mm F/1.7 for almost a year now and it has proven to be a very capable combination. I suspect about half of all my images this year have been taken with this lens which makes it my most used lens I have as the other images are spread around 10 other lenses.

I wish I had images to show but I see flaws in every image I make so I am never completely satisfied. Before you jump to conclusions it s not the tool that is causing the flaws but the maker of the images :)

My most favoured image is always my next image so pretty hard to show that. For those that know my work they will know that I do put the 20mm F/1.7 to hard use and it does do well, very well indeed!

Stratokaster, I really like this portrait (as you know) very much. Love the blues and the realism - I can feel that cold, damp weather, and, yet, I think it has only brought out the beauty of your wife even more.

Grant, I am glad we can see your photos on Flickr. To err is human.;)

Grant, I am glad we can see your photos on Flickr. To err is human.;)

BB I am very human if that is the case. :) I should point out that I am not dissatisfied with what I do, in fact I think I know the value of it, it is just that I am very critical and always question my work. Without room for improvement life would be a huge bore!

Here are a few more. I'm surprised that there are not loads of images being put us as i would assume that just about everyone with either a GF-1 and Pen would have this lens!
I think there are about a zillion (that's a technical term) on the m43 site, where just about everyone has an m43 camera and, hence, the lenses. Here, its more of a sideline than the main attraction...

Yeah, great lens! Not my favorite focal length, but I end up using it a lot in low light and occasionally in pretty good light.

-Ray

Back