Micro 4/3 The Panasonic 20mm F 1.7 lens Image Thread

April must be the month of the 20mm's spring awakening! This thread has been asleep for too long!

Pelao - wow!! That is one heck of an image - "Dusk Surfer" - absolutely positively stunning! You must have a print made. Please don't let it live solely in the digital world.

Vidar, ever the master of the E-P1, I love the two so very different types of images that you've posted! The view of London's skyline is perfect in black and white - what a view of all the details and yet it's the overall impression, for me, that is so strong. And I love the sheer giddiness and fun in your color "Underground" shot!:D Both pictures are great!

5626532875_0b4046d874_b.jpg

E-P1 + 20mm 1.7 (f 1.7/ISO 800)

Wouter, many thanks. Each is so clearly its own moment. Your first, the portrait of this young child has immeasurable depth. Although I don't know this young person, I feel as though I am there and the intimacy is so strong that it gives me a gut reaction of emotion.

The second - love the light on the wet looking roadway, the lines highlighted..the mist rising, the cloud lines...and the lone bicyclist riding "ho hands" in that morning light. Quietly beautiful.

In your third besides it being another great image, I think I can feel my own lungs contract with that fellow's inhalation.

It's good to see you here after a hiatus, Wouter. You've been greatly missed.

"We need some more photos in News 7". Yet another request for "fresh" PR photos. College marketing offices, even in the small Vermont college where I teach, can be an image pit with an inexhaustible hunger for new pictures. Two of our graduating seniors, Olympus E-PL1 with Lumix 20/1.7. Lowel RIFA EX softbox for fill. ISO400. From a JPEG processed in LR3.
View attachment 35452
. . . Burkey

April must be the month of the 20mm's spring awakening! This thread has been asleep for too long!

Pelao - wow!! That is one heck of an image - "Dusk Surfer" - absolutely positively stunning! You must have a print made. Please don't let it live solely in the digital world.

Vidar, ever the master of the E-P1, I love the two so very different types of images that you've posted! The view of London's skyline is perfect in black and white - what a view of all the details and yet it's the overall impression, for me, that is so strong. And I love the sheer giddiness and fun in your color "Underground" shot!:D Both pictures are great!

Thank you. It is printed, and on the wall beside my desk...

Thanks. The woman in the shot got an anchor job in Texas and the guy is a finalist for a VJ position in Syracuse, NY. The Pens and the Lumix 20/1.7 are really great tools for these quick needed photographs.
. . . David, (Burkey)

Let the photos begin!

Here is one of my earliest digital photos. It remains one of my own favorites and makes me really truly miss this lens and my Olympus camera.

4444800992_77907c262a_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

E-P2 1/60th @ f/1.7 ISO 800

Oh God the lighting, tonal range and subject
Bravo!

Back