Micro 4/3 The Pendulum swings back again . . .

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
FZ200 Peebles 039.JPG
Since the delivery of the LX100, I have been shooting mostly with it. Warmer weather, however, means longer walks, and I find myself most often now reaching for the FZ200 because of its astonishing versatility.

Above and below are some samples from yesterday at Peebles Island.

FZ200 Peebles 035 copy.jpg

FZ200 Peebles 033.JPG

FZ200 Peebles 024_DxO.jpg

FZ200 Peebles 023.JPG

FZ200 Peebles 016_DxO.jpg

Cheers, Jock

love the feel of the first. And the disorientating feeling of the last. What exactly are we seeing in that last shot? Is that a reflection?

That is the edge of a waterfall. I was attempting to capture the mist coming off of it against the rock wall behind.

Here's a picture of the waterfall. The rock wall would be at the extreme left.

FZ200 Peebles 012.JPG

The versatility of the FZ200 is very impressive!
I'm completely with you that on longer walks you'd want something that covers all cases. You never know what you're going to see. And I like how you mix up wide shots with more impressionisic "close-ups".

aaaah, I see it now

What's interesting (and I have almost made peace with it now) is how differently the camera sensors sees things compared to the eye. My eye was seeing the mist clearly . . . the camera, hardly at all but I still liked the result. One morning, the dew on the leaves looked like little sparkling diamonds, pinpoints of light, but the camera wasn't seeing it that way at all; the frame it captured was lifeless in comparison.

The guys who really know what they are doing apparently have a pretty good idea of what they are going to capture when they trip the shutter . . . I wonder what that's like . . .

What's interesting (and I have almost made peace with it now) is how differently the camera sensors sees things compared to the eye. My eye was seeing the mist clearly . . . the camera, hardly at all but I still liked the result.

Try the video mode next time for mist, or longer shutter speeds. Your eye notices the motion, the camera will freeze the droplets/mist instead.

Back